It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, June 7, 2021

Keeping Ahead Of The Supervisor.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

If you read Last Friday’s Blog I mentioned about being shown the Rest of my Duties not typical of the Welding Fabricator field. This morning as soon as I was punched in I took off with my Note Pad, Pen, Flashlight and Banister Brush. I followed the same path that we walked on Friday making certain to note everything I was told to watch for even marking down missing Safety Guards and a Broken Door Handle.

When I completed that walk I collected the Carriers in need of repair taking Two at a time to the Compound. Using the Vise made the job so much easier and they were back on the line within Ten Minutes and I repeated the process twice before returning to the Compound.
One thing that can have an Explosive Effect is mixing Oxygen and Oil. The first day there I noticed the tray on the Oxy-Acetylene Cart coated with Oil and Dirt. I took everything out and actually scraped the gunk into a dustpan before wiping it dry with old rags. About that time a Fork-Lift Driver came to me asking if I could straighten a horseshoe shaped piece of metal that was meant to be a lead on a Floor Drain.

That’s when Kharin the Supervisor showed up. He was mad at the Driver for bringing it to my attention. Then in a huff he asked if I worked Extra Hours yesterday. I responded that Paul the Owner had been with me. Then I showed him the list of concerns I’d made on my walk. When he said you have to do the Carriers. I responded all Six were back on the line.
Searching all the Metal Storage Areas there was no Metal the size I needed so using the Torch and a Hammer within Ten Minutes that Horseshoe was as straight as the day it was cut from stock.

It was past 11:00 when the Supervisor returned saying he needed Five more Proto-Type Carriers and Twenty Modified Carriers. I said I still hadn’t gotten the Pieces he wanted me to use. That’s when he realized they were on the Shipping Dock since last Friday. He brings in this massive Bin with the Forklift with only enough Pieces to cover the bottom Two Inches. I quickly transferred them to Two Smaller Bins regaining lots of floor space.

Since I had cut Materials for the Proto-Types Two Weeks ago I had half the Carriers assembled by 1:00 when I stopped for lunch.

Kathy and I spoke briefly but had to cut it short as it was starting to Rain outside. Getting comfortable I looked outside before returning to the job and the pavement was dry as a bone.

The Five Proto-Types were finished by 2:30 and I had One of the Modified Carriers half finished when the Supervisor looked in. He even complimented me. (I must have been hearing things.) He expects I should have the rest done by the end of the week.

Back at the Apartment Kathy made Chicken Fajitas for supper using the recipe. They were great for me but a little too spicy for her.

On the 6 o’clock Local News the Windsor/Essex Region had 19 New Coronavirus Cases bringing the Active Cases to 168 of which they said about half were Variants.

With the Humidex outside it felt like 95 F (35 C) but it should be warmer with Rain starting tomorrow.

I had Two Jobs that I applied for on the Weekend to respond to tonight.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your dad says, "Let's hit the road for dinner," then grabs a shovel.

8 comments:

  1. Ah geez. Sounds like they just keep throwing it at you and you just toss it right back, with it done.....there is something not AOK at that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a former slave for one of those types of bosses, I hope you find a replacement job really soon to save your sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually,it seems that your knowledge & experience are straightening out the “amateur organization “ - obviously the owner is catching on & the supervisor will also if he intends to last.You might be surprised as I suspect they’ll realize they can’t afford to lose you.All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A James has an offered an insightful post - If Rick is interested in the potential growth opportunity of moving into a supervisory position, he will need to determine the pedigrees of the clown act supervisor Kharin - Often in these small privately held mfgs, many of the supervisors and managers are related to the owner or the owners spouse- Rick might discover Kharin is a family member - The owner seems passive and completely disconnected ,at least from the operations side of the business.
      I'm not convinced this outfit is worth the investment- as Rick seems to always be five blocks ahead of everyone's wants, needs and process Lol.

      Delete
  4. The more you do, the more they expect. Be mindful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That supervisor needs to step back a few steps. Well actually a lot of steps. He has such a chip I don't think training in management styles would even help

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its great you have the owner in your corner. Hope things just settle down soon and you can start to enjoy your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way you are going, you'll have that workplace of yours fixed up in no time at all. Soon you'll run of jobs and they have to come up with new things to occupy you ;-)

    ReplyDelete