It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, June 21, 2021

See-Sawing, Job Interview and Overnight Storm Damage.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though we had the forecasted Severe Thunderstorms throughout the night there was only a drizzle by the time I left for work. Even before I walked in to the plant I knew to expect water over most of the floor. Remember on Friday how I wrote about how Cheap the Owner was as far as spending money to fix things up. There were Five Gallon Pails along the areas employees worked and Five Hundred Gallon Vessels in the work areas that were moved using the Lift-Trucks.

Since I had finished the Modified Carriers last Friday as soon as the line started this morning I did my Walk Around checking Sight-Gauges on Pumps and sweeping the Electric Motors of their years of accumulated dust and dirt build up. On my return to the Compound I collected the only Two Carriers in need of repair this morning. By 8:30 I had already finished the repairs and had the chance to test some of the Used Electric Tools that Paul the Owner had purchased through an On-Line Auction. Half worked while the rest just took up space.

That’s when Kharin the Supervisor showed up wanting to know what I had been up to then said he had something else for me to do. He brought me to an inner room where there was a lot of Used Plastic Piping. He wanted me to construct a couple dozen Nozzles for the Cleaning Section of the Paint-Line. It would involve cutting, drilling, gluing and attaching Nozzles. When I asked where all the parts were neither of us could find them.

Frustrated he brought me near the Paint-Line where there were new products needing Carriers. Pointing to one that had been used on other products I did some quick measuring and made a sketch. He said I should be able to make a Proto-Type by lunch.

By 9:05 I realized it was my break and after last week I made certain to take it. Of course Kharin shows up to see what I was doing. This break in my opinion is too early and leaves too much time to my 1:00 lunch so that’s what I spoke about. Starting tomorrow my first break will be at 10:00, lunch at 1:00 and my last break I use for washing up at the end of the shift.

We had more Cloud then Sun today.

When I went to work this morning I had planned of giving my notice if things were like last week. When I spoke to Kathy at 1:00 she could hear the lift in my spirit because I was doing something I enjoy doing. We’ll see how long this keeps up.

When Kharin showed up at 2:00 the Proto-Type was hanging on the test hook filled with the Parts I had been given and I was already cutting pieces for tomorrow’s Proto-Type Carriers since he already told me he wants Twenty-Five. He complained a couple of the parts hung too tight and a couple too loose so I played dumb and asked him to explain. By making him think he was teaching me did the trick and he calmly explained the reasoning.

Shortly after leaving work my Cell Phone rang and since I don’t look at it while driving I waited until I was inside the Apartment. Talking with Adam I now have an Interview/Welding Test on Saturday Morning.

The gusty breeze cooled things down
on our longest day of the year.

Kathy had used the Crock Pot to cook a Beef Roast and Sweet Potatoes for our supper. She waited to serve it until after I got out of the shower. We were done eating before 5:00 and after helping to clean off the table I set myself up to fill our Pill Doucettes for the next Forty-Five Days. I was packing things away by 8:00.

On the 6 o’clock Local News we were told that there were 3 New Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region bringing the Active Cases to 63.

The temperature did feel like 91 F (33 C) around noon today but we’ll be seeing lower than normal temperatures for a couple of days. They also showed some of the overnight Storm Damage to some areas of the city. It was nothing compared to the southern states but still bad enough.

Let’s see how the rest of the week goes.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Life can only be understood backwards;

but it must be lived forwards.

Soren Kierkegaard, Danish Philosopher

8 comments:

  1. Well Rick, I hope you can come to some resolution with that toxic workplace. I know from experience that situations like that can have long term affects. Do you check your B.P. regularly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things go well on Saturday for you. He won't miss what all you do until the day you say 'solong!' Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as Saturday... YOU GOT THIS. It would feel good to tell your current employer what you think of them. As Johnny Paycheck sang : Take this job and.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no mystery as to how your testing will go on Sat. - I would love to see a vidio of heir faces when you submit your resignation.
    Anyway, hears to an improved work environment and an opportunity you can embrace and thrive in Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! palm hills compound

    ReplyDelete