It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Almost Perfect Job.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Doing the follow up this morning with the Owner was over with quite quickly as he explained there were Teflon Washers in the Wheels that were making noise.

Woke to a Fog Cover this morning.

Even when the Supervisor showed up I had my list of Repairs Needed on my morning tour as well as having started on modifying the Carriers he wanted. He wasn’t happy with the rate that I was accomplishing it so he set a number that would be difficult on the easier Proto-Types Carriers. Not long after he left the Line Leader brought over a couple of different Carriers that were looking more like Pretzels. It took nearly an Hour each but they looked like new with everything straight and square when I was finished.

I had brought a Tote Bag with me this morning so that I could get some of my personal Tools out for the Interview without being noticed. No need to raise Red Flags yet. When I headed outside to have my lunch and talk to Kathy it was easy to slip it into the Truck.

With the Humidex spending most of the afternoon just shy of the Century Mark it seemed that I drank too much water and was actually feeling sickly from it. When it came time to punch out I had no choice but to use my Gatorade. By the time I reached the job Interview I was feeling better.

Always arriving early I took the time to change the dirty old Lenses in my Welding Shield before heading in. I met Bob who took me to the Shop. It was like being in an Air Conditioned Office. The floors were shiny clean without any materials laying about. I even impressed myself with the ease and accuracy I applied the Aluminium filler material using the M.I.G. Welding Process. This was like a Dream Job until I was told it’s a Steady Afternoon Shift. If it had been Days and Afternoons I would have been all in.

When I walked in the Apartment Kathy was already making supper. We had Salmon Fillets with a Garden Salad topped off with Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine) that really quenched my thirst. We took our Hot Coffee/Tea over to watch the News.

On the 6 o’clock Local News the Windsor/Essex Region had 13 New Coronavirus Cases bringing the Active Cases to 147 of which they said about 60 were Variants. There was also another Coronavirus Death to our region.

The Humidex outside felt like 99 F (37 C) for the entire afternoon. No wonder the Heat was bothering me.

I felt discouraged about looking for another job for a short while. After I took my shower it cleared my head and I will be back at it tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Take chances. Make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.

Mary Tyler Moore

3 comments:

  1. The company should have told you the hours before scheduling the interview. Why waste both of your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, however, I suspect coming out of the Covid economy,many applicants are eager to accept a full time opportunity regardless of the hours - Additionally, the working conditions described by Rick a nice perk.

      Delete
  2. Steady afternoon? Does that mean like 2-11 meaning it doesn't start until the afternoon? Does sound like a great place to work.

    ReplyDelete