It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2021

That Was Better, Visit and Shopping.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Feeling slightly refreshed after yesterday’s long workday it was a chore to stay awake an extra Hour last night only to recover it this morning. One problem was that Kathy thought that I had overslept and started shaking me a Half Hour before I needed to wake up.

Even taking my time I arrived way before 8:00 so managed to have half my Coffee drank before the Owner showed up with 7 Minutes to spare. Without missing a beat I punched in, changed into my Coveralls, gathered a few more things and headed to the job. Being tired last night and struggling to do what a Three Person Team should have been doing I was looking at it with renewed energy and the Welding Machine even worked without hesitation.

At 10:15 the Job was finished so after letting Paul know I took my Fifteen Minute Break which helped. By 11:20 I had all the Equipment and Tools back in the Compound as well as cleaning up the area. It was a struggle to get my soaking wet Coveralls off before getting cleaned up. Paul was happy with the results.

Back at the Apartment I didn’t look like a SiFi Creature today but Kathy wouldn’t let me sit down in my Dirty, Damp Clothes before I took a shower.

She rewarded me with Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls with Vegetable Fried Rice for lunch along with a Fresh Brewed Coffee.

As much as we wanted to talk I took my dripping wet dirty Coveralls down to the Laundry Room. Luckily there was nobody else there. With extra detergent and only the One Item Load I headed back to the Apartment where the Air Conditioner was keeping the temperature much more tolerable.

Finishing my Coffee I spent a few minutes checking the Weather and Messages on the Computer before heading back to retrieve my wash. Notice I am not putting them in the Dryer so that there is a chance some of the stains there now might continue to wash out in time. Putting them in the Dryer would permanently set those. Hanging them on our drying rack in the Apartment they should be ready for use tomorrow.

Shortly after 2:00 we headed out to run errands and have a visit. Kathy was melting as soon as we stepped outside. It was a pleasant drive along the water’s edge with lots of people using the Beach to cool off and take advantage of the bright Sunshine.

At Eleven Months old Nova does not like the heat.

Our visit was with our daughter Karen in Tecumseh. She had been outside earlier and was suddenly feeling dragged out. It was funny when asked about my job even my grandson Tyler was trying to give me some “Job Advice”. I always appreciate any advice I get but will still be watching for something better. Karen also sent Kathy home with a Bag of Books that she thinks she’ll enjoy reading.

Our next stop was Guardian Storage to collect our Mail.

We then headed over to Dollarama to collect a few food stocks at lower prices than the grocery store for the upcoming week.

Driving over we headed to Bulk Barn for a few Healthier Snacks and Teas for Kathy at lower prices then the grocery store.

Walking next door to Zehr’s grocery store we continued getting Produce, Dairy, Meats and Frozen Foods not available at the other stores.

Knowing we would be struggling to get things put away when we got home we stopped at Wendy’s Drive-Thru for a quick supper. Where else can Two People each have a Chicken Wrap, Small Chocolate Frosty and a Seniors Soft Drink for a total cost of $7.41.

Back at our building we lucked out finding a large Shopping Cart to haul all our treasures up to our Apartment. We barely had everything put away when it was time to watch the News.

On the 6 o’clock Local News the Windsor/Essex Region had 19 New Coronavirus Cases bringing the Active Cases to 168. There was also talk about relocating a local Beach after a recent drowning of local youth. With time there seems that nature has created an Undertow in the area that was not there when I was a youth.

By this time it had cooled down.

With the Humidex outside it felt like 97 F (36 C) around 2:00 just when we stepped out to run our errands.

We’ll see how tomorrow works out.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What’s a pirate’s favourite letter?


You think it’s R but it be the C.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you have a plan. 36C?! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was certainly a busy day for you! Nice that you got a little visiting in too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hotter there than here in central Illinos. Always good to look for a job while working.

    ReplyDelete