It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2021

Jack Of All Trades, Stickers On and More Applications.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even taking my time this morning I still managed to sit around drinking my Coffee waiting to punch in. Like I said before I don’t like being late.

Right off the start there were a couple of Carriers to repair. After returning them to the line I finished cleaning the parts that we’ll need for a repair job on Saturday. (Rare Overtime.)

With that out of the way I returned to cleaning and organizing the Compound. I remembered Paul the Owner having told me that a lot of the tools he had kept disappearing with each of the former welders. After cleaning the top of another Bench I needed to sweep both the Bench and the Floor beneath it. What I found was the Case for a Milwaukee Reciprocating Saw shoved close to the wall below. The remains were a half dozen pieces that would never do any further work.

If you recall Kathy said the Job Description for this place fit the “Jack of all Tradescriteria. Just before my lunch break the owner wants me to run an Air Line out the Window to pump up a flat tire on his car just outside.

Most Air Lines are equipped with Quick Disconnects on both ends. Paul buys most of his equipment at Industrial Auctions of places that have closed up for pennies on the dollar. The problem is that these Quick Disconnects all look the same but you can’t connect one to the other. There are Quick Disconnects for Water, Natural Gas and Compressed Air. It was a nightmare but I finally got a couple to work. That entire plant would need to have all the Air Line Quick Disconnects replaced but he is too cheap.

Paul’s car gets store every year for the Winter and hardly gets driven the rest of the time. When I finally got some air into the tire but it ran out nearly as fast through a hole in the sidewall. He had to see me pump it up again and would not except the fact that his tire had Dry Rotted. Tires need to be used in order to last or they rot out.

I talked with Kathy at lunch time and only saw Kharin the Supervisor off in the distance. I continued cleaning and organizing until the end of my shift when another Carrier showed up for a quick straightening.

I was in the Apartment shortly before 4:00 and had a chance to relax a few minutes while Kathy was finishing making supper. We had Chicken Thighs with Peas and Fried Rice for the meal along with Baked Apples for dessert.

On Monday we got our License Stickers for both the Car and the Truck. Normally I would have them attached by the next day but with the Lock-Downs that’s one thing that wasn’t being enforced. After our meal I went outside to take care of that issue. We are now legal.

On the 6 o’clock Local News they talked about Vaccines and Variants. Along with the 2 New Coronavirus Cases for the Windsor/Essex Region there were 165 Active Cases of which 91 were Variants of Concern.

Today’s high temperature felt like 82 F (28 C) but it will warm up throughout the week.

While Kathy was surfing the net I applied for three new Jobs. I simply critiqued my Resume but did not mention this present Job and I also changed the Interview Timing.

With all these Lock-Downs we’ve all added some Coronavirus Pounds. On a more positive note after only Two and a Half Weeks on the job I’ve shed Thirteen of them so far.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your kids are going hungry tonight because you had to see your maw run her car at the dirt track race.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss. Too bad this job isn't working out as you'd hoped. Just keep your head down until something else comes along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As hard as you've been working, I'm not surprised you dropped the weight. I just wish they appreciated your abilities more.

    ReplyDelete