It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, June 4, 2021

The Rest Of My Duties and Smelling Fishy.

Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It was strange being ready to work by 6:30 and the Owner needing a couple of Carriers repaired but I had to say I couldn’t until 7:00. He shook his head in agreement and walked away. As soon as I was punched in it took Ten Minutes before I walked them back to the line only to see they were not being used that early in the shift.

I am still working my way through the clutter on the Shelves and Bins. Besides seeing the top of another Bench today I cleared Shelves that were on the verge of collapse. Once they were empty a little hammer work had them straight and looking good as new. Most of what was being sorted had other places to go such as Dedicated Drawers, Toolboxes and Stock Bins. Lots of the mess was just laziness that tossed it where there was an open spot rather then where other like pieces had been stored.

Around 10:00 Kharin the Supervisor said he wanted to show me the rest of my duties. Apparently along with what I am doing I am also supposed to check all the Electrical Pumps, Exhaust Fans, Blowers, Automatic Oiling Systems and Corner Roller Systems. Most are done Once a Month while others are done at the Start of Every Day. Once that is done I can repair more Carriers including the ones I spot on the Racks and whatever else they decide to build.

Even though I’m working this Saturday to replace a rotted out Door and Frame on the Cleaning Booth I applied for Two more jobs this evening.

By the time I deposited my Check at the Motor City Community Credit Union it was only minutes after 4:30 when I walked in to the Apartment. When I did it really smelled Fishy. Kathy was just putting the finishing touches on supper. We had Salmon Fillets with Cauliflower as a side, a Yogurt Cup about a number of things including Crime in the area, Sports and using US Vaccines that will be gifted to anyone needing them rather then letting them go to waste. There were 16 New Coronavirus Cases for the Windsor/Essex Region bringing the Active Cases to 162.

Today’s high temperature felt like 91 F (33 C) and with more warm days coming our way Kathy thought it wise to turn on the Air Conditioner.

Those warm showers felt good for the both of us.

My entertainment is trying to catch up on reading Blogs. Even though many are in the same spot we are in there is still something to write about.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What do Alexander the Great and Winnie the Pooh have in common?


Same middle name.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds a bit crazy at your worksite. Sounds like you are the clean up guy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Patsy, they are taking advantage now. When you start a new position they tell you all of your duties before you start not a couple of weeks in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really cryptic environment Its obvious the turnover in your position is high as demonstrated by the chaotic and unsafe working conditions and complete lack of investment in the job by the your many predecessors. Employment opportunities are loosening up so you will have better choices going forward.

    ReplyDelete