It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, June 5, 2021

Not As Promised.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I would have preferred starting at the usual 7:00 but management didn’t want the early start. If anything when working on a project it means trying to beat the heat of the day.

Yesterday I had been told that there would be people available to help. The first thing I did was to start hauling all the tools over to the site. That also meant running Power Cords from distant plugs up to the second grating floor I’d be working on. It also meant removing the small M.I.G. from its Cart along with the Inert Gas Cylinder and manually carrying everything up the stairs. That took nearly an Hour before I found out there was no Power to the Machine.
With all the rotted metal being replaced I was working by myself the entire day. The only help I got was when I brought the Scrap down the stairs to have room to move someone disposed of it in the Scrap Bin for me.

Finally at 1:30 the Supervisor reminded me to take my lunch my first break of the day. I spoke briefly to Kathy on the phone When he came along with further instruction not realizing Kathy could hear him. When he left Kathy said there were problems with our Building Elevators.

The Owner when he saw me repairing the drive mechanism on the M.I.G. said to call it a night at 5:00 and return to finish the job in the morning. It was Twenty past by the time I punched out. The only thing that kept me going was all the water I drank through the shift.

Making certain to wash up before leaving I still scared Kathy when she first saw me. It took another wash up to be presentable for supper. We had the last Store Bought Thin Crust Medium Pizza for our meal while watching the News.

On the 6 o’clock Local News talked about a number of things for the Windsor/Essex Region but didn’t give any Coronavirus Numbers.

With the Humidex outside it felt like 91 F (33 C) but where I was it felt much warmer.

There was a lot of dirty water going down the drain when I took my shower. Tomorrow should be an easier day.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.

Babe Ruth, Baseball Hero

4 comments:

  1. That place sounds like such a mess and nobody has any idea what is going on. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you're in good shape. Hope you're still looking for a better job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work is definitely a four letter word in your case!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Ken and Shirley.

    ReplyDelete