It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

That Didn’t Go As Planned.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It was surprising that I had to wear my Windbreaker this morning after the overnight temperatures took a dive. When I got to work the employees door had just opened and being out of the breeze felt comfortable.

As I was leaving for work.

Remembering the trouble I got into last week because I was doing the morning walk around and repairing damaged Carriers before working on the last Proto-Type Carrier. The first thing I did this morning was to start this New Proto-Type Carrier without hesitation. I was making progress when Kharin the Supervisor showed up shortly after 8:00 wanting to know why I hadn’t repaired one of the largest Carriers we have that was sitting outside the Compound. I quickly answered “I can’t weld a missing piece if they don’t send the piece and we don’t have the materials to make it” before turning back to the project at hand.

I don’t know if it was my quick answer of the facts or that I went back to welding on the Proto-Type Carriers but even with my Welding Shield down I could see Kharin looked lost. Finally he walked away. It was nearly an Hour later that the Line Leader brought over the missing piece but it was my 10:00 break time and I made certain to take it. The repair would take all of Five Minutes before I returned it to the Paint-Line that was running a different product by then.

Paul the Owner came over and asked me to move my Truck. Remember how I mentioned the Roof leaks all over the plant well he had no choice but to call in a Roofing Company to fix it. By waiting to fix the smaller leaks now he might have to replace most of the roof.

I had already completed the Five Proto-Type Carriers by noon because I had cut the materials yesterday. All I needed to was to tweak the pieces that would hold the Parts on the Carriers before collecting more materials for tomorrows count.

I could hear a Female Voice screaming over by the Paint-Line and could not figure out why. Since it was my lunch break I was headed to the Picnic Table outside when a Woman I had not seen before nearly ran by me, screaming something over her shoulder and leaving the property.

I mentioned that to Kathy when I spoke to her. She said I was again sounding better then Sunday.

Back to work I was going to collect materials for the next Carriers when I spotted Kharin in the distance doing what appeared to be working on the Line. I used an alternate route to bring what I needed back to the Compound and each time I looked Kharin was still working on the Line. It would not surprise me to find out that he had ticked off that new employee and she told him what to do with his job. Then being shorthanded he had to fill in. I’ll bet that his day did not go as planned.

I was using the Shear on the Iron Worker to cut the Material but by 3:00 the Machine could no longer keep up with my demand. When 3:30 arrived I was gone.

I picked up a loaf of Bread on the way home and that chair looked inviting. The problem was I started falling asleep. I had to walk around to wake up.

Kathy recreated last night’s meal into Open Faced Hot Beef Sandwiches with Gravy and a Sweet Potato side for tonight’s supper.

On the 6 o’clock Local News we were told that there was 1 New Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region bringing the Active Cases to 58.

The temperature reached a high of 64 F (18 C) this afternoon. Even though it should increase slightly over the next week we might not see much of the Sun during that time.

Even though I presently have an Interview booked for Saturday I was corresponding with another Company this evening via E-Mail. Their response was to call them.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re getting old when you walk into a bar they check your pulse instead of your ID.

3 comments:

  1. I starting to think I will be disappointed if you get another job. I look forward to reading about the ongoing soap opera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Phyllis. But I'm sure you would like to work at a better place that would appreciate your skills. I think you have the maturity and fortitude to handle Kharin with ease in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete