It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Trouble Breathing and Getting Laundry Done.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though it felt good to get to bed without worrying about getting up for work I still had an interesting night. At 4:00 in the morning I was having trouble breathing. Staring at the ceiling I suddenly realized what had happen. Somehow I had disconnected the hose to my CPAP Mask which meant there was less then a Fifth of the air I needed. Seconds after the hose was reconnected I was again sleeping.

I waited until 7:00 to start my day and had half my morning reading finished before Kathy joined me. There was evidence that we’d had an overnight shower in the parking lot. It felt wonderful to be sitting across from one another for an early meal.

Back at the Computers there were more Job Ads appearing every time I looked though the temptation was there I held back on applying. While waiting for our second cup to brew I took the time to change the linens on the bed.

Lunch was very lite and early. We had Chicken and Rice Soup without any dessert. We were out the door by noon.

The saying is “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket” and we didn’t. Since I’ve had to use the Car to go to work this week Kathy has been stuck at home other then the few walks she’s had. We’ve also needed some Coins for Laundry Money but the Motor City Community Credit Union has been closing at 4:30 which is the earliest I get off of work and they have stopped being open on Saturdays due to Lock-Downs. We stopped at the Toronto Dominion Bank (TD) where after only Five Minutes we had the resources we needed.

We then stopped at Guardian Storage to pick up our Mail. Just the same old same old.

It’s been a month since we last added gas to the Car so we stopped at the Pioneer gas station to top it off. Quite an increase since that time.

Stopping at Dollarama we soon had the Food Stocks we needed at lower prices then the grocery store.

Finally we stopped at Zehr’s grocery store for Produce, Dairy and Frozen Foods we would need for the next week.

There were cars parked by the rear entrance to the building when we arrived so we had to carry everything in from the Parking Lot. There was enough weight in those bags we were grateful there was a Shopping Cart to use to bring everything to our Apartment.

As Kathy put things in the Freezer I used the Shopping Cart to carry the Recycle downstairs.

Then the fun began. I sorted the Laundry and was headed to the Second Floor Laundry Room. There were only Two Washers and One Dryer not in use so I checked out the First Floor Laundry Room before hauling everything down there.

It was close to 5:00 by the time I returned to the Air Conditioned Apartment with all the clean laundry folded. Since we are required to wear Masks in all the public areas in the building I needed to catch my breath.

Kathy made Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls with Vegetable Fried Rice for supper along with Date Squares for dessert.

On the 6 o’clock Local News the Provincial Government has decided that Playgrounds along with Beaches will be allowed to reopen this weekend under the present Lock-Down Restrictions as well as Outdoor Golf and Tennis.

In the Windsor/Essex Region there were 29 New Coronavirus Case bringing the Active Cases to 359 of which 344 are Variants of Concern.

With the low Humidity in our area the temperature today felt like 93 F (34 C) today.

We later watched a Hallmark Movie.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

Thomas Paine, Political Activist.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing reopens here until after the long weekend. No one seems to mind though, just glad to hear they will be easing some restrictions and opening some stuff up. Of course, if they didn't the restaurants wouldn't make it through to fall - I don't know how they've managed so far, I can only assume its some gov't funding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice they're reopening things for the holiday. You guys have got it tough up there. I have to admit I'm so glad to have a washer dryer in my house :)

    ReplyDelete