It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Using Common Sense and Kathy Getting Some Sun.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Like I said in last night’s Blog today would be a different day.

Before leaving work yesterday I started straightening, repair and weld the Parts Hangers that were taking up space in the shop. This morning I just continued doing the same thing. I tried sticking to the One Type at a time so that I was working out shortcuts as I went along. When I finished them I had been told to put them outside of the compound so the Line Workers would collect them and put them back on in use.

When I turned to go back in the Compound I noticed an even bigger pile of Mixed Hangers surrounding the shop and since some were the same as those I was repairing they made they’re way to my Bench first.

Around noon Paul the Owner (Not Steve) came over seeing an organized gathering of Repaired Hangers starting to grow outside the Compound. He then asked me what Jig I was using. There are Jigs tacked on all the Benches that mean nothing to me. I simply showed him my Tape Measure, Pliers, Grinder and Welding Shield. I don’t have a print to work from and have to scrounge the bins for parts foe some repairs. By the end of the shift there were over Thirty Hangers ready to be used once again. Common Sense was my guiding light.

After getting some Housework finished Kathy sat out on the Balcony this afternoon reading for about Thirty Minutes. Since our Balcony faces the Sun she was getting cooked and had to head inside where it was more comfortable.

I managed to leave on time today but before leaving the parking lot I called to give Kathy a heads up that I was on my way. I managed to catch every traffic light Green and was in the Apartment in Fifteen Minutes. Kathy was in the middle of sauteing our supper.

Having been out of the workforce for over Eighteen Months I’m using muscles that haven’t been used even when I’m exercising and they were all complaining. I had to sit in my recliner while Kathy finished making supper.

We each had Three Chicken Fajitas and a Pecan Tart for dessert. There is enough Leftover for another meal.

On the 6 o’clock Local News they were so busy talking about Vaccines, lower Provincial Coronavirus Numbers that they never gave any Local Numbers. We learned our high temperature today reached 79 F (26 C). At this time the International Border will continue to remain closed.

After a soothing shower I’m a little more limber and have been busy reading Blogs on our Sidebar. No TV tonight because my eyes are trying to close.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.

Mark Twain, American writer

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure things will fall together with a more organized work space. I don't understand the terms you use so will leave it at that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a lot accomplished. The numbers may well be falling simply because its summer - just like last year. 4th wave likely in fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you did get a lot done! I'm with Patsy on the terms but it sounds like you got tons done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss a few days and find you back in the workforce. Wonderful news. Sounds you are getting into the groove and i wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup. Don't have a clue what you're actually doing, welding I have seen (hiding my eyes), but beyond that, don't know. Sounds like you're getting efficient ways to do things figured out. Not a surprise from what I've read of your writing. Meanwhile, very nice to hear you are working so close to home! Yea for the green lights.

    ReplyDelete