It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Things Are Looking Up, Windy Walk and Numbers Dropping.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As I figured being persistent would eventually pay off. As soon as I walked in the Plant this morning I was surprised to see the Compound was open and the Lights had already been turned on. Before the start of the shift Paul the Owner stopped by to say that he was going to replace the Lock off the outside Cylinder Storage and would be getting me a personal Key for the Compound.

Without certain pieces there was no use making any Carriers so I simply began repairing different styles knowing they would also be needed. Normally when I complete repairs those Carriers will stay outside the shop until the following day. Today it seemed that by the time I finished the next Carrier the previous one was already gone.

When Kharen the Supervisor appeared to check my Temperature as part of the Coronavirus Lock-Down work requirements. I told him when I finished the last repair I was going to start cutting material for additional Proto-Type Carriers. That way when the required pieces showed up the assembly would go much quicker.

Just before 4:30 he finally brought Wheels and Other Supplies I suggested. When he asked how many pieces for Carriers I had cut. When I told him he made a slight gasp. He figures that might be all we’ll need at this time.

As prearranged I stopped at the Dollarama not far from our building on the way home. I was surprised as I entered the store they announced they were closing in Five Minutes. All because of the Lock-Down.

When I got in the Apartment Kathy was just finishing making supper. She cooked Spare Ribs, Baked Potatoes and Green Peas with a Yogurt Cup for dessert.

Kathy had planned on going for a walk this afternoon but by the time she reached the street behind the building the Wind Gusts nearly knocked her off her feet. She went back inside and started on the top floor taking the Stairs to the next then walking across to the other Stairs down to the next floor until she had done all Ten Floors. She did have to wear her Mask under Local Regulations.

On the 6 o’clock Local News they talked about an increase of available Vaccines not just to Adults of all age groups but to anyone Twelve Years and older. Since we just had the Long Weekend there was a combined Sunday, Monday count of 50 New Coronavirus bringing the Active Cases to 360 of which 195 were Variants of Concern in the Windsor/Essex Region.

That shower after the News surely made me feel refreshed.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What do computers snack on?


Microchips.

6 comments:

  1. That was a strong wind yesterday and it picked up the dust from the pavement and gravel lots no matter where you were. Wise decision for Kathy to stay indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick, glad to hear things are going smoother at the work place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick you are impressing your employer with your work ethics and skills that they are wondering what they had been missing all along. Hope the good relationship will continue. Great idea for Kathy to use the stairs in your building as a means of exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its wonderful that your boss is finally realizing what a valuable employee you are. Very impressive what you've accomplished. Kathy certainly got a great workout with all those stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TEN floors? Whoa. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete