It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, May 24, 2021

That Was Nice, Talking To Gardeners and Queen Victoria Holiday.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though I was still tired from last week’s lack of sleep after having the weekend off I had trouble sleeping last night. After laying in bed and seeing that my Alarm was about to go off I simply shut it down and got an earlier start.

In some of the Canadian Provinces today is celebrated as Queen Victoria Day or as referred to as May 24 or the unofficial start to summer. Not all Companies honour this day such as the one I’m now working for because most of their business is US based. Driving to work there were very few people out and about but later that would all change.

As soon as I had the Compound open, Coveralls on and a few sips of Coffee taken I chose to go gather stock from the rear bay. As I was hauling those Materials back Paul the Owner noticed and looked at his watch as well as one of Line Organizers. I just figured it was easier to make use of my time then waiting for the buzzer to go off like I did last week.

By noon I had finished all the newer Carriers I could make due to a shortage of Parts but that didn’t mean I couldn’t start building a stock pile of other pieces for when they do come.

At that point Kharen the Supervisor decided it was time to make a Portable Rack to transport the Carriers I’ve been making to haul between the Storage Area and the Paint Line. After hauling more Materials to the Compound the cutting began and most of the assembly was complete by 3:30. Since the Wheels won’t be there until morning the rest had to wait.

That was when Kharen asked me what time I started working this morning. Since I started a Half Hour early that meant I’d have to leave at 4:00 rather the 4:30. I’d didn’t feel heart broken over that decision. I always call Kathy when I’m about to leave the parking lot and she was as happy as I was.

The drive home was harder then this morning because most of the route I drive is along Riverside Drive and there are a lot of City Parks for people to visit. Because this was a Holiday for most it took me over Five Minutes to get through that Traffic Light because there were so many pedestrians crossing that only One Vehicle could get through the Intersection per light cycle.

In the Apartment I only rest a short while before helping Kathy get things ready for supper. I cleaned and sliced Potatoes along with prepping Cauliflower. Then Kathy took over cooking all that along with Salmon Fillets while I started checking my Computer. We even toasted our meal with some Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine).

Kathy got out for another walk around the neighbourhood this afternoon. Every time she would stop in the Shade to have a drink of water women that were out doing Gardening in their yards would strike up a conversation. They all appreciated having someone to talk to including Kathy.

Our 6 o’clock Local News was Pre-Empted with a special about a Flying Hospital that helps globally restore vision to those who are Blind. Needing more sleep then Ten Years ago we won’t be staying up to watch the 11 o’clock Local News.

Somehow I managed to Delete rather then Upload today’s pictures.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You borrow your wedding flowers from Walmart.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe they are finally learning if you want a good work ethic - hire the old guy! (don't ignore his applications for weeks on end) Way to go Rick, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go with the flow, and you didn't seem to mind working on a 'stat' holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice they didn't tell you not to clock in early and you got to leave earlier..if I was working that would be my preference too! Good for Kathy getting out walking and visiting with people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I myself have never done anything like press delete when I meant upload, or send, or save. Ha.
    Actually, I have done all those. Nice to hear Kathy is having some social time without you....don't know if you can count Paul and Kharen encounters as social time yet. Maybe some day.

    ReplyDelete