It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Carriers Explained, Chills Up My Spine and Vandalized Book Exchange.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Reviewing the Comments on yesterday’s Blog I realized that I didn’t quite explain the type of Industrial Plant that I am now working for. There are a lot of Automotive Manufacturing and Parts Suppliers in Southern Ontario as well as Michigan. Of those many are Sheet Metal Stamping Plants that send their products to Assembly Plants as well as to Body Shops. The Parts all need to be painted before being shipped.

What this plant does is paint all those metal Parts on a production scale. In order to do that the Parts are loaded on Carriers that are hung on a long Paint Line. (Only Three Miles of Line that loop around the Plant.) After the Parts pass through the Paint section they then go through a large Dryer. When they exit the Parts are removed from the Carriers then stacked in Racks or packaged in Boxes.

Those Metal Carriers are what I was saying I needed to repair and was cleaning up a big pile of them. Before the door opened this morning I was talking to another employee in the parking lot who told me most Welders don’t stay a full month. That sent a chill up my spine but I carried on. I later found out that I am the only Trades Person in the entire plant. (Remember the Jack-of-all-Trades Job Ad.) Another chill up my spine.

Kathy went for another walk around the Neighbourhood this morning and swung by the Book Exchange. When she opened the doors the few books inside looked like they had all been Vandalized. Always someone that has to ruin a good thing for everyone else.

When I returned from my 1:00 to 1:30 lunch Kharen the Supervisor came in the Compound and starts screaming at me. Even threatening to Fire me because he needed Carriers for this New Job now. I must have turned my Crystal Ball off and had no idea what he was talking about but at the same time I understand why Welders don’t stick around. I’ve never been Fired, Written Up or convicted any Crimes Hopefully I’ll have more pleasant things to talk about in the future.

After getting some parts by 5:00 I had produced Two Proto-Type Carries that will each carry a Dozen Pieces. After they are tested in the morning I’ll have many more to make as well as maintaining the other Parts Carriers as well.


I was wiped out by the time I walked into the Apartment. We had the Leftover Chicken Fajitas for supper along with a Chocolate Pudding Cup for dessert.

On the 6 o’clock Local News they said there were 70 New Coronavirus Case along with another Death in the Windsor/Essex Region. They figured the Spike was from people visiting over the Mothers Day Weekend.

With the low Humidity the temperature felt like 91 F (33 C). I turned the power on to the AC so Kathy will survive the coming Hot Days heading our way.

I was starting to fall asleep during the News so as soon as the Dishes were cleaned up I headed for the Shower. That Hot Water eased my aching joints.

We later watched “Nancy Drew”.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

How do you impress a baker?


Bring them flours.

8 comments:

  1. Rick, that does not sound like a place I would work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for the abuse you had to take from your supervisor. I hope you are still looking for other places to work. We will be in northern Nevada tonight with temperatures in the 50s and low 30s. I am going to freeze to death. So poor Kathy roasts and I become an ice cube. How about something in between.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From reading of your experiences it does sound like jobs are scarce, but you certainly do not need to put up with the verbal abuse.
    Hope the working conditions improve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not the kind of place you want to work. It appears this company has a history that your employment will not change. Once it gets a reputation no one will willing work there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell him to shove it up his arse. Or give him my number ;) I'll fix his wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rick, there is no way you should have to put up with that kind of abuse. No job is worth it. And it will likely get worse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree with everyone else. Thanks for the explanation on what you and the company does..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully Kharen was just having a bad day and things get better soon. Hate to see you leave a job that took so long to come by.

    ReplyDelete