It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2021

Getting Straightened Up, Cooler Temperatures and Baking.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After yesterday’s Rain it was only 50 F (10 C) this morning and dry as the Sun was making its appearance. When I arrived at work the door was open but the Compound was still locked. Just as I was about to open the door to the Office Paul the Owner was coming out with the Key.

After getting ready to start my day I headed back to where I’ll be replacing a door on the Cleaning Booth. By doing it before the start of the shift there would be no parts on the line allowing me to get better measurements.

I’d barely returned when the Job Leader brought over a couple of bent up Carriers for me to straighten. He said they were probably scrap before heading back to the line. Twenty Minutes later when I returned them looking like new he could only shake his head.

Since it doesn’t happen too often I’ve been trying to organize the mess that’s called the Compound. As I moved things piled in One Corner I found a door identical to the one I was asked to make. Putting it where it could easily be seen I just continued cleaning. In another small box I Eighty Pieces that would allow me to make the last Three Proto-Type Carriers the Supervisor wanted me to build.

Italian Wedding Soup and dessert.

When I spoke with Kathy she stated our Balcony Door and Bedroom Window were both covered with Fish Flies. Normally they don’t start until the second week of June. The Hockey Player from yesterday was back today.

After I finished the Proto-Type Carriers I just went back to cleaning. When Paul the Owner came in asking if I’d seen the Battery Charger I was actually able hand it right to him. Other then a few repairs by the end of the day I just kept cleaning and organizing.

The last time we picked up Vitamins at Shoppers Drug Mart they gave us a Ten Dollar Off Card that had to be used by today. So that’s where I headed after work to be certain not to lose out like we have in the past.

When I got back to the building the Wind had really picked up and by the time I got inside it made me wish that I had a Jacket. In the Apartment Kathy’s first words were “Wash your hands. I’m serving supper”. She had a busy day in the kitchen making a Beef Roast, with Potatoes and Carrots for supper in the Crock Pot. She had also been baking a thick Apple Pie that we enjoyed for dessert. The best part is there is sill enough for another meal.

On the 6 o’clock Local News they immediately reported that the Windsor/Essex Region had more New Coronavirus Cases but no New Deaths. I wasn’t able to catch the numbers.

Today’s high temperature was 63 F (17 C). Tomorrow’s high is only expected to reach 54 F (12 C). Where did summer go?

I never used to give it a second thought but now I’m really glad tomorrow is Friday.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

My theory is that if you look confident you can pull off anything even if you have no clue what17 you’re doing.

Jessica Alba

3 comments:

  1. You came, you conquered, sounds like your getting bored with this job already... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem being retired is I never know what day it is. I am thinking we could use you in organizing Leonard's shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In no time at all you'll have that shop and compound in ship shape wondering what you could be doing next!

    ReplyDelete