It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, May 21, 2021

Making My Points and Kathy Relented.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I’ll start today’s post with this evening then double back. Having checked the Comments over the last few days I appreciate the supportive words. Even though I tend to give someone the extra mile before I put the brakes on I let people know how I feel in other ways.

Making certain Paul the Owner sees me getting the Key to the Compound every morning he looked at his watch and I simply said I don’t believe in being late. When I started the morning ritual of repairing Carriers he asked if I could fix a Gate first. When I said no problem he returned to the Compound just as I was finishing with it. I even got a Thank You out of him.

Yesterday Kharen the Supervisor told me he wants me to make Three to Four of those Carriers a day along with the repairs until he tells me to stop. When he stopped at the Compound he was about to remind me of the Task. I simply pointed to the parts already tacked in the Jig. When he acknowledged I pointed a week point that would cause future problems and how easy a fix it would be. Without hesitation he gave the go ahead. Normally he comes by at the end of the shift to see if the Carriers are ready. Today he stopped in before my last break while I was cleaning parts that I had salvaged for more Carriers. That’s when he lightened up and started telling me other things they want me to build.

I also found out that even though this coming Monday is a Canadian Holiday we still have to work it because most of their business is with American Firms. What will happen is we will have the Memorial Day off on the following Monday. He even wished me a good weekend.

Kathy relented to turning on the Air Conditioner today when she started feeling the Heat coming through the Windows. She busied herself cleaning up old files. When I arrived at the Apartment she didn’t even feel like serving the Leftovers from last night. She suggested a Store Bought Medium Thin Crust Vegetarian Pizza for supper. Fifteen Minutes later we were having a tasty meal.

On the 6 o’clock Local News there were discussions as to why the Provincial Government was going to allow Outdoor Golf and Tennis to reopen this weekend but not the Playgrounds or Beaches under the present Lock-Down.

In the Windsor/Essex Region there were 38 New Coronavirus Case bringing the Active Cases to 359 of which 159 are Variants of Concern. There were 2 Deaths that occurred and were considered to be Variants of the Coronavirus.

With the low Humidity in our area the temperature today felt more like 95 F (35 C).

That Hot Shower felt wonderful. Now I’ll read as many Blogs as I can until my eyes close on me.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What do you call a camel without a hump?


Humphrey.

1 comment:

  1. I finally got caught up with your blog. I must say you have a good attitude and are indeed making points with the owner and supervisor.

    Why does your supervisor have a girl's name when he is a male?

    ReplyDelete