It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, May 20, 2021

Keeping Ahead, Kathy Using Fans and Thanks For The Comments.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even after that rough period yesterday I was back at it this morning. I just figure the Supervisor was having a bad day though I don’t know why. Even though I like to leave early just in case of Vehicular or Traffic Problems the door at the plant was open when I arrived. Might as well get ready so they can’t say I’m a Slacker.

Every morning I have to go in the Office to get the key to unlock the Compound where I work. When it’s unlocked I then have to return the key, get my Coveralls on and open my Toolboxes before sipping my Coffee to start my day.
I barely started repairing Carries when the Owner brings over Two badly mangled Carriers for single Body Jeep Panels. Without saying Hello he says he needs those really quick. There was no way of straightening them without applying heat with the Torch but the Fuel was empty.

Remember the Mess I described the Compound was in on Monday. At that time I was told to clean it up and organize it in my spare time. Spare Time does not exist here. After the Owner cut the Lock off the outside Storage Rack to find all the Cylinders empty we head back to the Compound. He asks why I haven’t straightened up yet. Just then the Supervisor comes in telling me to drop what I’m doing and start making more Proto-Type Carriers. I just looked at the Owner and said I haven’t had time.

While I worked at one end of the Compound the Owner was tossing things including Carriers out the door. Then he looks at me and waves a Key tagged Outside Cylinder Storage telling me what it was. I simply repeated I hadn’t had time to check what was hidden in the area and continued working on the Proto-Type.

I made adjustments to the Jig (a pattern to hold metal parts in place for welding purposes). By my first Break the Supervisor collected the Proto-Type Carriers and tells me he wants Three More by the end of the day.

After figuring how much Material would be needed I had to go collect it off the Floor in a rear bay. I literally dragged that load of over a Hundred Pounds back to the Compound. After cutting everything on the Saw I had already started assembling pieces when the Supervisor shows up again. He told me the Truck delivering the Gasses won’t be around until tomorrow and here are Two other Proto-Types that need adjustments. Oh yeah make that Four more before the end of the day not Three. When he left I just smiled because I was already making Four.

When I talked to Kathy she had swept the Balcony and had an Aerial View of crews trimming Tree Branches away from the Wires. She didn’t stay out in the Sun too long and was running Fans rather then the AC to stay comfortable. She had Italian Wedding Soup for lunch and a dessert plate. She’s got more Soup leftover for tomorrow.

The modifications I made to the Jigs was working like a charm and the parts were coming out the way they should in the beginning. With less then an Hour to go at the end of the shift the Supervisor brought Two more Carriers to be modified. At the end of the shift the Four Proto-Types he wanted were ready to go. He said he’d get all Nine of them in the morning.

When I got back to the Apartment Kathy was already serving supper. Kathy had looked in the Fridge and saw things that were about to go bad and didn’t want to waste the Money. She said we were having Leftovers but she created a Grilled Chicken Macaroni Salad along with Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Biscuits. She had also made a Strawberry Chocolate Pie for dessert but she had only made it before I got home so it was more like a Pudding. We were stuffed and there is enough for another meal.

On the 6 o’clock Local News the Provincial Government has revised the Outdoor Activities rules for Golf and Tennis starting this Weekend but the Lock-Down will continue into June.

In the Windsor/Essex Region there were 36 New Coronavirus Case the Active Cases to 348 of which 167 are Variants of Concern.

With the low Humidity the temperature felt like 93 F (34 C) but the Fans kept the Apartment comfortable.

When I finally checked my E-mail this even there was another Job Ad posted yesterday from where I’m working. The National Labour Board would love to nail a Company like this. Thanks for the Comments on yesterday’s Blog. With a tight Job Market it’s a shame there are people that take advantage of people just wanting a job. I’ll keep you posted what happens.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You think Motorola is a fancy name for a car part.

7 comments:

  1. Wow. I read today's and yesterday's posts in one fell swoop. And what a swoop it was. Sounds like the owner doesn't operate much better than the supervisor. Any way to research this company? Etc.? Surely they are operating on the edge if that's how they behave. Though maybe not. What do I know, other than how they're running it is counter-productive. I'm glad Kathy is feeding you well when you come home. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking you are not long for this company. Their loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have the right attitude for where you are working. I don't think I could do it..Kathy's pie looks yummy! It's Friday..hopefully you get the weekend off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking you have way more experience than the Supervisor. "Those who can DO and those how can't SUPERViSE"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally under 350 cases, that was a hard nut to crack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grilled chicken macaroni salad sounds delicious! I hope you are taking your breaks and your full lunch time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like everyone you have interacted with, including the owner, is unhappy; a difficult environment for sure. Anyway, at least your back in the game and being productive for now. The employment opportunities in the Windsor Ontario geography are likely improving as skilled crafts people will be in demand as the the US & Canadian economies continue to ramp up. Your great attitude and commitment to due diligence should yield some decent results soon.
    By the way, have you looked into or interested in teaching at a trade school in the area - seems they are always looking for craftsmen that can teach.

    ReplyDelete