It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, May 28, 2021

Getting Wet, Getting Sorted, Getting Tired.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I never used to give it a second thought before my retirement but now I’m glad that todays Friday. It could have something to do with not working for Ten Years then being under Lock-Down for another Year that has led to this.

There was a lite Rain all the way to Work. Having seen the Owner’s Car out front I had no problem getting in the building. It was cool enough that I had chosen to wear a sweater.

By the time I had changed into my Coveralls others were running into the building completely soaking wet.

My job is basically self assigned unless something has been planned ahead of time. Today there was a single Parts Carrier that needed repair but it took me longer then the Two did the other day. With so much Humidity in the air my Safety Glasses kept steaming up. With nothing else needing repair when I finished that Carrier I walked it over to where it would soon be added to the Paint Line.

I’ve mentioned that this is an older building and it has a leaky roof. Today there were large containers and buckets that were being set up in order to catch the Rain pouring in. I had to empty the Five Gallon Pail closest to me outside of the Compound out the pedestrian door at least every Hour.

Not bad for 11:00 in the morning.

If you recall the Mess the Compound was in when I first started. Well whenever I get a few minutes here or there I’ve been slowly putting Plumbing in one pile, Electrical in another, Tools over there and Material stocks over here.

Looking around the Compound there were also Parts Bins all around but the problem was they all looked the same. They were all a mixture of Parts, Pieces, Electrical, Plumbing, Garbage, Tools and Scrap. By the end of the shift the Garbage had been tossed, the Scrap put in the proper bin and everything else sorted according to what it was. The Pieces I needed on the Proto-Type the other day we now have plenty though there are now Eight Empty Parts Bins.

Due to the Rain I only spoke to Kathy for a few minutes from the Lunch Room. She had been baking a Banana Bread for us to enjoy later.

When Paul the Owner saw what I’ve accomplished so far he said I was doing a great job and can’t wait to see how it turns out. Since we’re celebrating the American Holiday it’s a long weekend for me.

After parking the Car I knew we were getting a North Wind just the way it stung my face. In the Apartment Kathy immediately served up Open Faced Roast Beef Sandwiches with Niblet Corn as a side along with a slice of Apple Pie for dessert.

As soon as supper was over I was in the shower which added more life to my step.

On the 6 o’clock Local News the Provincial Government announced that the Windsor/Essex Region would be able to start giving people their Second Vaccine after only Three Months rather then the previously planned Four. Our area also had more 24 New Coronavirus Cases bringing the Active Cases to 250 of which 132 were Variants of Concern.

Today’s high temperature was 50 F (10 C) which was around Midnight. The afternoon temperature to reach 45 F (7 C). We had more Rain then expected but it finally stopped around the time I left work heading for home.

Tomorrow we have an appointment before we do some grocery shopping.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

My theory is that if you look confident you can pull off anything even if you have no clue what you’re doing.

Jessica Alba

5 comments:

  1. I am sure glad to hear you are finally getting time to sort out the mess. An orderly workplace is easier and faster to work in and much safer too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 250! Really coming down. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not many people have the old school work ethic these days. Just don't wear yourself out. Enjoy every moment of your three days off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You won them over! Enjoy your three-day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad all is well at work. Enjoy the holiday.

    ReplyDelete