It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, December 23, 2023

Unplanned First Day.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

A Big Thank You to all those who sent Congratulatory Comments on my Re-Retirement (As Commented) with hopes of staying that way and getting back to our travelling. (We miss it.)

One of the first things I Planned for today, was to sleep in and just wake up naturally. Remember that one of the Alarms did not go off yesterday morning, when it should have. It seemed that it was trying to make up for that this morning, at the time I would go to work. (I don’t remember setting it.) I did recover a few more Hours of sleep and the first thing I did after, was to pull the Batteries out of that Alarm.

After a Pastry and Coffee at the Computers for breakfast, we managed extra reading before getting ready to run some errands.

Heading out around 11:30 our first destination was the Health First Pharmacy to pick up Kathy’s prescribed Medications. I messed up and did not call it in until Thursday, so mine won’t be ready until next week.

Our next stop was a local Tim Hortons, where using part of one of the Gift Cards I received yesterday, we enjoyed Chicken Wraps, Coffee and their Christmas Boston Cream Donut, that is made with Maple Flavouring.

Out one driveway and into the next, we topped up the Car with gas at the Pioneer gas station.

Kathy was running low on Cough Drops so we stopped at Dollarama. We also got a few other things. Kathy lets me push the shopping cart because it helps keep me balanced and lessens the Hip/Leg Pain.

The Zehr’s grocery store was packed, but they had all the Cashiers working, so after spending Ten Minutes shopping it only took Thirty Minutes to check out.

It felt good to get back in the Apartment and it only took Ten Minutes to put things away. (A new record.) Supper was a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Hawaiian Pizza that we shared along with a bottle of Brisk Iced Tea.

While we watched/listened to the 6 o’clock Local News, I was busy setting up the table to do our Pill Doucettes. Unlike the Six Weeks worth I normally do, tonight I did Seven Weeks, so that it will not happen on the same weekends as another important chore. I was half way through Kathy’s medication, while talking to her, when I realized I had not cut those Tablets in half. To play it safe, I emptied the Seven Doucettes, sorted all the Pills and started over. No Mistakes allowed.

We’ll see what tomorrow brings, without the Alarm going off early.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What’s another name for Santa’s elves?



Subordinate clauses.

5 comments:

  1. A late congratulations on your retirement. For some reason it wouldn't let me post yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little late to the party, but Barb and I want to congratulate you on your retirement as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ken and I wish you a happy retirement!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete