It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, December 11, 2023

Crossover Problem.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After getting everything prepared on Friday, it was an easy start to the day. Even with that, there was still a Glitch that got in our way. Being a new employee, with less than Ninety Days, Sorough came in to work wearing a mask, though he should have been home in bed. His Uncle who had the Flu, visited this past weekend and shared with everyone in the house. By 11:00 he was on his way home.

I have been wearing a Mask since he first came to work sick, and read him the riot act about not considering other’s well-being. In my case, it not only affected me, but inadvertently Kathy, who has a Compromised Immune System, came down with it.

The PTA obeyed all the numerical directions that had been entered in its Spreadsheet. The only problem, was having to switch back and forth between Two Hard Surfacing Materials.

When I spoke to Kathy at lunch, I mentioned needing to finish some jobs before heading home.

There were a couple of Feedscrews that needed touch-ups and since Sorough had left, I needed to do them. By that time, I was welding a Bearing on the Unit in the PTA. First they sent Wayne to monitor it. I explained what was happening and what to do if there was a problem. The second time, they sent Sahed and I gave him a quick run down then went to do the touch-up. I was just finishing up when he came to me, looking scared and related a problem. The problem was I had forgot to tell him how Bearings are welded in the Rotary Crossover Mode. When it started the process, he tried keeping it centered, before hitting the Stop button. It was only a minor problem. I easily fixed.

Before the Feedscrew was in the Sandbox, I had to replace the Argon Cylinder and add more Hard Surfacing Material to complete the job. Mile was still there when I left for the day.

It felt great to finally get home and be with Kathy. We had Macaroni and Cheese for supper.

Eleven Days and counting down.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why was there thunder and lightning in the lab?


The scientists were brainstorming!

No comments:

Post a Comment