It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, December 7, 2023

Making A Believer.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

When I went into work this morning, I had no idea what work needed to be done. As I turned the corner near the Plasma Transfer Arc, there on the blocks lay a freshly channelled Feedscrew. Without a Mixer in sight the first thing I did was to pick it up using the Crane. The first thing Sorough said was “There’s no way we can do that in a single shift”. He’d be shocked.

Using the Job Traveller, that is created as soon as the material for a Unit comes in the door, I recognized this as having a recent Twin. This Screw had Four Flights that added up to Nine Zones. Sorough started freaking out not knowing where to start, so by showing him what to look for, he was starting to measure it on his own within minutes.

We were just about to push the “Begin to Weld” button when he got called to TIG Weld other Units on the Inspection Bench. They kept him busy switching one job for another and he was enjoying it. He stopped around during the first break, wanting to know if I wanted TIG. I reminded him that he needed the practice before I leave, so I can coach him.

Mile was in Toronto taking care of business, so Paul the Controller came to give me some bad news. A job that was rushed through last week had failed and the Hard-Surfacing Material had not fully bonded to the base. It was being prepped for another try.

As soon as the Nine Zone Feedscrew was buried in the Sandbox, the failed rush job was loaded. Sorough and I discussed what we had done. That allowed me to come up with Three Possible Reasons. An Accident, does not happen because of a single reason, but a combination of reasons. Using what we had done, we did what we figured should have been done in the first place. I stayed a little past the end of the shift, but that rush job is solid and will not fail. I actually beat it with a Hammer to be certain it had properly bonded.

After stopping at the Bank, I picked up supper at Arby’s, before heading home, just as the 6 o’clock Local News was starting.

Fifteen Days and counting.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What did Winnie the Pooh say to his agent?


Show me the honey!”

No comments:

Post a Comment