It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, December 18, 2023

More Progress With Four Days Remaining.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As per usual my Sunday Night’s Sleep was lousy. Not only could I not sleep, but my Hip/Leg Pain felt like I had been out plowing a field. So when I woke before the Alarm, I didn’t try to grab few extra Zzzz’s, I simply started my day at a more relaxed pace. Heading outside this morning, it had a comfortable feel, not too Windy or Cold, 39 F (4 C).

The Machinist on the CNC Mill needed a couple of Lugs added to a Feedscrew, before the start of the shift. Mile noticed immediately that I was “Getting it done”. Doing little things like that gains respect and gives you space to move when he sees you not too busy.

Again, when he assigned me a touch-up job, I motioned to Sorough to do it. Mile took care of other jobs while I turned my back to the flash. Like yesterday, there were a couple of spots that I pointed out, that needed extra material. When Mile saw me pointing, he simply walked in the other direction.

Sorough and I returned to cleaning Solid Plastic that was jamming the Nose Piece on a Unit that is to be rebuilt. By lunchtime it actually came out by simply using a Pipe Wrench, without the need for heat.

I spoke with Kathy at lunch. She mentioned that the Wind had picked up and it felt Cold outside.

Mile came around the Welding Curtain to the PTA to find me drawing a Feedscrew Bearing Area on the Floor. This is a function that Sorough has little experience, but lots of questions. Mile shook his head and walked away.

When I walked out of the Plant, I immediately regretted not buttoning my jacket. The temperature was 34 F (1 C) but felt like 21 F (6 C). After running a few errands on the way home, I used a Coupon to get supper at Burger King.

With only Four Days to go, we can’t wait for it to arrive.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

When one must, one can.

Charlotte Whitton, Mayor of Ottawa

2 comments:

  1. Four, three, two, one...... FREEDOM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorough is fortunate to have you there....someone who is interested in the work and knows how to do it. There are probably quite a few in your position who would have left with just barely telling him the minimum.....

    ReplyDelete