It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, December 15, 2023

Mile Watching and Low Prices.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After we pulled the remaining Feedscrew out of the Sandbox this morning, and transferred it to the OD Grinder, Mile said he needed me to touch-up another Unit on the Inspection Bench. Signalling Sorough to follow, after Mile showed me what was needed, I told Sorough to do it. Mile never said a word and but walked away, to watch from a distance.

I didn’t even put my Welding Helmet on, simply turning my back to the job and only looking when the Flash stopped. Seeing Mile looking over, I pointed to the low spots on the weld, just as he’d done to me. Sorough only need that on the first Two Spots and finished the remainder, only gaining compliments from me. Mile was still watching.

Sorough closed down the job before following me to the PTA. He needed clarification on how to weld the Bearing Pockets. The easiest way was to use the Soapstone to sketch on the floor. As I explained, as I glanced past Sorough, to see Mile looking at our actions, only to shake his head and walk away.

After first break, there was another touch-up to do, but this time Mile looked directly at Sorough. I grabbed a broom and started sweeping, until the Welding Flash ceased. Again the job was checked, but this time there was no need. Mile looked at it himself, only to walk away smiling.

Back at the PTA, I had Sorough entering numbers for different sizes of Screws. After I made certain it was right, I’d have him delete everything and fill it in for a different Unit. This also triggered some questions that I was able to answer, making him understand the reasoning behind the drill. There was Mile walking away, shaking his head.

Since Rick, the Company Driver/Janitor was in Toronto getting yesterday’s Feedscrews chromed, we did extra sweeping to help pass our time. Mile just walked by, now knowing that Sorough will be able to do all the welding after my departure, in a week.

Though I left on time, the Truck has continually been going into Regen (Cleaning the Diesel Particulate Filter) all week, so after letting Kathy know, I took it on Highway 401 to Belle River Road before heading back.

On my return the first stop was the Pioneer gas station, to top off the Diesel, not so much because the tank was getting low but because the Price has not been this low in a long time. At $1.536/ Litre ($5.952 US Gallon), we can only hope it stays that low for a long time.

It feels good to be home with Kathy for the weekend.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why couldn’t the pirate play cards?



Because she was sitting on the deck!

No comments:

Post a Comment