It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, December 21, 2023

Doing Repairs To Keep Busy.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though the Wind wasn’t as cold this morning, it is a sign of the changing season that I don’t look forward to.

As usual I was changed and sitting at the Plasma Transfer Arc before most of the crew started arriving. With word that tomorrow will be my last day, they all came by asking if I’d changed my mind. When I responded I was leaving and would not be back, they all wished me the best. That could be, because I have talked most of them out of depressing situations and coached them through hard times.

There was only a single welding job that took all of Five Minutes to do, before we started servicing the PTA. I noticed something strange when looking at the Torch. With Sorough’s help, though he is not Mechanically Adept, by the time Mile came around for his usual walk around, we had the Oscillation Bar spread out on the Desk. We were tightening Bolts that were not visible until it was in pieces. I just said to Mile, “We fix”, and he walked away knowing we would.

Later as I showed Sorough minor things to do on the Compressor, we found the Air Filters were deteriorating. Again Mile as was walking by I waved him over. Showing him the problem he’ll now have the company that services the unit, come in to do a Full Maintenance.

After lunch, when we saw that a Raw Screw had been placed in the CNC Mill for channelling and we headed over and started copying information from the Blueprint. Chances are it will be finished by morning, so we could possibly weld it before lunch. Mile saw us copying that information then adding it to the PTA Spreadsheet. He just waved and walked by.

It’s the week before Christmas, and the Traffic was a mess. I arrived home minutes after Kathy did. She had an appointment with her Audiologist and hated the traffic.

I’ve sent my Alarm for the last time tonight.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What’s the opposite of coffee?



Sneezy.

4 comments: