It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, December 8, 2023

Quick Fix and Delays.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I met with Mile first thing this morning to discuss what it would take to repair a Machinist Oops. He was going to do unnecessary work, so that we’d be able to repair it within a week. I suggested to just let me do some hand-grinding that would be more then adequate for the repair. By the time he returned with Vinnie the Engineer, I already had it ground to the size needed. That saved Hours of waiting for it to be loaded onto the OD Grinder. Minutes later Sorough and I were loading it into the PTA to weld. After that Mile was asking if there was anything we needed, so we took stock of our supplies and told him what to order.

I’ve mentioned before that by keeping myself busy I can ignore the Hip/Leg Pain. Today was an on/off day, so I used it to give Sorough more Practice Time. I had forgotten that he has basically been my shadow for Two Months. When he told me, that he could see Pain in my face today, it made me realize just how closely we have worked together lately, as I teach him how to weld.

It felt good leaving at the end of the shift, but then things started slowing me down. Traffic was stopped by a Slow Moving Freight Train for Ten Minutes. After the crossing was opened, it only allowed Twenty Cars to pass before another Slow Moving Freight Train travelling in the opposite direction, stopped us for Fifteen Minutes.

Since Diesel Prices have been dropping, I stopped at Pioneer gas station and filled the Truck. When I went in to pay the Interact would not take my Bank Card when inserted Four Times, but accepted the payment when I simply used Tap.

Finally almost home, I was again stopped by a Passenger Train, for Ten Minutes, that had stopped across the road. Finally it suddenly headed out of town, leaving everyone wondering why.

It felt good to finally walk in the Apartment. Kathy and I are looking forward to the weekend as well as counting down my days at work.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You think that Dom Perignon is a Mafia leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment