It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, December 4, 2023

Lacking Patience.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

My idea to sleep better, did not work. Instead of getting a solid sleep, I had a toss and turn night that had me staring at the ceiling most of the time. Of course, whenever I moved, my Hip/Leg reminded me that I shouldn’t.

At work the first thing we got ready to work on, was the Seven-Inch Feedscrew, that we welded the Bearing Surface on Friday. As soon as we started heating the Unit to weld the Flights, I heard a loud Ping sound come from the Bearing. Taking a hammer and tapping it helped confirm my suspicion, the Hard Surfacing had not completely bonded to the base material. Even Mile was puzzled that it was solid on both ends, but was separating in the middle. It will have to be ground, then rewelded.

Since this was the first time that Sorough would be welding a Left-Handed Screw as a Rebuild, I spent most of the day coaching him. There were a couple of other Feedscrews that needed touch-ups, but I also welded a couple of Cutters for the Mill. One little slip could have made them Scrap, but I managed to build only the low spots, where they were needed.

Sorough will have to learn Patience when it comes to welding Rebuild Screws. Since it requires multiple layers of Material at a lower Amperage, it took Five Layers of Hard Surfacing Material to reach the needed height, each one taking an Hour to run. By the end of the shift, he was starting to climb the wall, but we did complete the Feedscrew and have it buried in the Sandbox to slow cool.

Rush-Hour Traffic was crazy but I still managed to be home shortly after 4:00. I didn’t bother to sit down, instead I started making our Veggie Stir-Fry for supper. I even chopped a Fresh Pineapple that we’ll be having for desserts this week. We made Wraps with the Stir-Fry for supper.

The 6 o’clock Local News showed we could be seeing some White Weather heading our way soon.

Eighteen Days remaining, but who is counting.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

During your senior year you and your mother had homeroom together.

No comments:

Post a Comment