It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, December 14, 2023

Working As A Team.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Although I had thought about teaching Sorough how to better interpret Feedscrew Blueprints, Mile wanted him to practice welding. With the Inspection Bench having Three Large Screws in the process of “Final Inspection”, we had to set up the Portable Welding Screen for Stick Welding. All of Sorough’s former experiences were limited, so Mile wanted him to feel more confident with any upcoming jobs. Mile okayed the use of any Electrodes, especially the ones that are hardly used since I arrived.

It happened there was another near completed Unit that needed touching-up, so while Sorough continued his practicing, I made the adjustments. As I was completing my task, I looked up to see Mile looking inside the Portable Screen. When he saw me returning, he simply gave me a “Thumbs-Up”, and walked away with a smile on his face. When I entered the Portable Welding Screen, Sorough was smiling ear to ear as he related Mile’s compliment about his welds.

When I spoke to Kathy at lunch, she just did not feel like going out today, so was hanging around the Apartment. I’m hoping that will change when we spend more time together. I told her, that I was not going to say what time I would be heading home today, because every time I did for the last couple of weeks, it would not happen.

It was just before 2:30 when Mile asked I touch-up the Eight Inch, Twenty-Five Foot Feedscrew, over on the Buffer. Since it was easier than moving the Unit, everyone helped to move the TIG Welder across the Plant so the task could be done. As soon as the Three Spots were fixed, Mile insisted we move the TIG Machine back to the Inspection Bench as he returned to the Office.

Sorough and I started cleaning around the Arc Welder, where he had been practicing, when Jason came over in a Panic. There was another spot that had been missed before and the Engineer just said wait until the morning. That Feedscrew is headed for Chrome in the morning, so against Vinnie’s orders, the TIG was again moved across the Plant. The repair took an entire Minute to complete because we all worked as a Team to make it happen.

I actually punched out on time. After stopping to pick up our Mail at Guardian Storage, going to the Credit Union and picking up supper at Arby’s, we were having supper before 4:30.

With tomorrow being the last workday this week, we are looking forward to the weekend together. We are also looking forward to next Friday as my last workday.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

You will enrich your life immeasurably if you approach it with a sense of wonder and discovery and always challenge yourself to try new things.

Nate Berkus, interior designer, author, and television personality

2 comments:

  1. I have a feeling Kathy is going to be very happy on the 22nd. Actually I am guessing you both will be.

    ReplyDelete