It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2022

Working Out, Feeling Better and Meatless Day

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though I went back to my old schedule and got up at 5:00 nature had a way of slowing me down this morning so I didn’t start exercising until 6:00. Planet Fitness was hopping when I arrived and had barely slowed down by the time I left at 8:30.

When I arrived at our building there was a Contractor’s Vehicle where the Car had been parked next to the Truck. The Electric Jackhammers were cleaning the pavement as well as piercing the air with their ear splitting sound. Not having any Hearing Protection with me I headed around the front of the building because the sound was hurting my ears.

Kathy had just gotten up when I walked in the Apartment so we had a single Egg on dry Toast each. Kathy was still felling stuffy but much better then yesterday.

We brought our Coffee/Tea to the Computers to enjoy while catching up with what is happening in the world. There were a lot more local Welder/Fitter/Fabricator jobs being advertised. By the end of the day I would apply for Five of those.

I had been craving a dish that Kathy has made many times for me in the past but she wasn’t up to making it yet. Having gotten the supplies when we were at the grocery store I started prepping things. First I blanched the Beef Steak Tomatoes before skinning then chopping and mashing them. Once they were simmering in the frying pan I busied myself chopping the Cheddar Cheese. We finally ate lunch at 12:30 using Bread to soak up the extra juices. The best part is there is still enough Tomato/Cheese for another meal. It helped warm us on the inside which helped Kathy feel better.

The only time the Jackhammers weren’t so loud was when the Contractors were pouring new Expansion Joint Seals.

The Tomato/Cheese from lunch filled us so much that I didn’t serve our Southwest Salad until the News was about to start. Not bad an entire day without eating any meat.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported on the upcoming Provincial Election along with 27 Active Coronavirus Cases for the Windsor/Essex Region.

Just as I was taking the picture it changed.

The Weather Network showed we reached a high of 59 F (15 C) with more Rain on the way.

Hopefully Kathy is feeling better yet tomorrow so we can get out for a ride. She needs some fresh air.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Keep in mind that the true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good.

Ann Landers, Advice Columnist

2 comments:

  1. I am glad Kathy is feeling better and that you are assisting with the meal preparation.

    I would trade you temperatures any day especially this coming weekend when we will once again be in the triple digits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kathy now Sue is sick also. I don't know about you two. I told Sue she better not share it it with me. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete