It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2022

Worst Nightmare Explained and Severe Pain.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

When we look around at all the Tragedy happening in the world today even our Worst Nightmare are minute by far. The Invasion of Ukraine, all the Mass Shootings we can only pray for those directly affected but unknown to us we are affected as well. It makes us leary of going places. It makes us leary of not only strangers but people we have known most of their lives. It’s a sad thought that we are losing the feeling of Good Will towards our fellow human beings.

Yesterday when the New Manager insisted we had no choice but to have our Toilette replaced we weren’t too happy but we excepted it. The crew that was charged with the task were far from skilled at the job. When a Toilette is mounted over a Ceramic Tile Floor they need to be shimmed so they don’t teeter when sat upon. A simple way to do that is to run a bead of Silicone around the base. An hour later and it’s Rock Proof. Both Kathy and I nearly landed on the floor last night and we weren’t the only ones in the building.

I mentioned yesterday about doing Forty-Five Days worth of Pill Doucettes at a time. This was something I started doing when we began our Winter Travels as a way of being able to join new found friends for a Meal out or a Saturday Night Dance. When we travelled those Doucettes were stored in a low area so that even bumpy roads would not affect them. In an apartment low spots are not always an Option so they were stored on a Shelf in our Closet that seemed solid enough. What I always worried about was if that Container with all those full Doucettes would ever fall off that shelf. Last Night when Kathy was having a problem with the Toilette I heard a Crash from the bedroom. My Worst Nightmare had just happen. Something above the Case had slipped down behind it and pushed it off the shelf. Over Half the Pills and Vitamins were on the floor with a few of the Doucettes ruined.

Pills and Vitamins spilled in last night's Crash.

It took nearly an Hour to get everything picked up. It will take Hours to sort them all and Hours more to refill them. I’ll be finding a way to store them much closer to the floor so this never happens again.

We were on our way out the door shortly after 9:00 this morning. Our first stop was the nearby Shoppers Drug Mart to replace the destroyed Doucettes. Kathy stayed in the Car.

We swung by the Home Hardware Store but with no street parking available we kept going.

Our next stop was our Storage Unit at Guardian Storage where I moved my Toolboxes to look for my Handsaw. I’ll need it to modify our Toilette Cabinet that is now too short. Having repacked the Toolboxes that were carried in the Trailer no matter where I looked I just could not find the Saw and by that time my Hip was really starting to bother me. In Pain I closed up the Unit before stopping at the Office for our Mail.

Next we stopped at Home Depot where we picked up a piece of Shelving and some Waterproof Paint so that I can modify our Toilette Cabinet back at the Apartment. By then my Hip was killing me and the Tylenol I took was not working yet. I used the Shopping Cart for support to get back to the Car.

We used a Coupon at McDonald’s for our lunch. I sat in the booth while Kathy got our meal. By the time we headed for home the Tylenol had taken the edge off the Pain.

When we got back in the Apartment the only thing I could do was sit in my recliner. Without realizing how much Pain I was in I basically passed out for close to an Hour. I tried calling the Doctor’s Office but they were already closed for the day.

Thinking that standing might help I chopped up Broccoli, CarrotsMushroomsOnions and Peppers to make a Stir-Fry. Seasoned with Minced Garlic, Pepper and topped with Shredded Mozzarella Cheese it tasted fantastic on a bed of Spaghetti.

The 6 o’clock Local News again reported on the Provincial Election that should be done in One Week.

The Weather Network showed we only reached a high of 75 F (24 C) but that should soon start warming up to above seasonal temperatures.

I’ll try to get things straightened around tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

My friend keeps trying to convince me that he’s a compulsive liar but I don’t believe him.



6 comments:

  1. While it is not going to be fun to sort out all the pills and make new doucettes...it could have been worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine taking that much medication but i know a lot of people rely on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take few meds and vitamins unlike Leonard. Therefore, he is in charge of that job. Every Wednesday he fills the containers and does his INR that I report via an app to the doctors office. Hope today is a well day for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a day.......just one thing after another. Hope you try the doc's office tomorrow. Glad you ended up with a good meal.

    ReplyDelete