It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, May 9, 2022

Kathy’s Negative and My Aunt Is Recovering.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Kathy was still coughing heavily by the time she went to bed last night because she still didn’t think the Cough Syrup was helping. That would be right since she had been refusing to take it. The bottle sitting in front of her wasn’t going to work. She finally listened to me allowing me to give her a Micky. That’s where a Tylenol Night-time Sinus Tablet and the Extra Strength Benylin Cough and Chest Congestion Syrup were both taken before going to bed. She hardly coughed the entire night.

I barely published before Midnight so the Alarm was turned off. Even though I need to exercise I also need some sleep. I woke around 8:00 to the sound of the Jackhammers in the parking lot. I had just gotten things ready to start breakfast when Kathy joined me. It didn’t take long after having breakfast that her cough returned but this time she did not hesitate to take the Cough Syrup.

After the suggestion last night that some of Kathy’s symptoms were similar to those of Covid-19 I picked up a Rapid Test at the nearby Shoppers Drug Mart. It took a while to read the instructions using a Magnifying Glass but then it was fairly simple. Kathy’s biggest complaint was the Swab was tickling her nose making her want to sneeze. She watch the test strip for the entire Fifteen Minutes and was relieved when it showed she was Negative. Yeah!

I had the chance to speak with my Sister Anna this morning. She had been visiting with her family yesterday. She mentioned that her grandchildren often had to do the Rapid Test whenever one of their classmates tested Positive.

There was plenty to keep us busy on the Computers only stopping when we realized how quiet it was outside. The Contractors had stopped for lunch so that was the perfect time for us to do the same. Chicken Noodle Soup was again our lunch for its soothing qualities for Kathy’s throat and stomach. I also made a dessert plate with Mandarin Oranges, a Pecan Tart and a Chocolate Pudding which also soothed her throat.

The sleep she lost over the last week bothered her enough that she then laid down for a Snap. That gave me time to clean up the Dishes.

Back at the Computer I got so engrossed in what I was doing that I forgot to make a Phone Call at 4:30. I was about to call a Half Hour later when my cousin Jackie texted saying to call at 6:00. That gave me time to put together supper.

We shared the Leftover Italian Pasta Salad with a slice of the Beef Roast I cooked yesterday. We finished it off with another Pecan Tart and a Yogurt Cup for dessert.

I was in the process of dialing my phone when it rang. It was my Aunt Anna. She fell a few weeks ago and broke not only her Right Hip but the Femur as well. She said it was like a dream with her walking then suddenly finding herself on the floor looking up. Her spirits are good but at 83 it will take much longer to heal.

The Weather Network showed we reached a high of 70 F (21 C) today with more Springlike Temperatures heading our way.

I suddenly realized that I didn’t call the Insurance Company today bout the Truck Break-In. Kathy is ready for another Micky.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

We are all gifted. That is our inheritance.

Ethel Waters, American singer and actress

1 comment:

  1. Such a bummer about your truck. I know in our case the deductible would be more than what it could cost to replace the window. :(

    ReplyDelete