It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Nearly Late, It’s Still Here and Still Fighting.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

We made certain to take our Mickies last night in an attempt to get rid of this Congestion once and for all. The theory was right but the results disappointing. We were both in bed by 10:30 hoping the added sleep would help our bodies to fight this off. We even set the Alarm just in case we over slept. Kathy claimed she kept waking up before falling back to sleep. I spent most of my night praying to fall asleep even with another Extra Strength Tylenol at 2:30 it wasn’t happening. Finally I started drifting into a fog just on time for the Alarm to go off. As soon as I shut it off I sat on the edge of the bed and blinked. That Blink lasted Forty Minutes and had us scrambling to get to our appointment on time.

Kathy had an appointment with Hearing Life in Tecumseh to pick up her repaired Hearing Aides. We pulled in just on time to see Tina unlocking the front door. Due to the continuing Pain in my Hip I remained in the Car while she took care of business which included Two more hearing tests. I was so tired it felt like I was weighted in my seat but my eyes would not stay closed.

Boats at the Marina.

We grabbed a quick Bacon Egg Cheese Biscuit for breakfast on the new Wendy’s Breakfast Menu. The contents were perfect but I think they need to work on their Biscuits.

More Boats at the Marina.

We stopped at the Tecumseh Medical Clinic after hearing that they were already giving the Second Coronavirus Booster Shots. It was a little tricky because there were no signs as to where we should go. Finally we went to their Pharmacy only to be told they did them by “Appointments Only” and they had a long waiting list. We passed and headed out.

There used to Three Small Businesses in that building.
Guess that's what they call progress.

One of the things that kept me awake last night was I had not seen a particular Tool in the Toolbox. Even yesterday it still seemed Surreal and I was in a fog. Kathy stayed in the Car while I once again went to look. Being focused on where in what Toolbox it would be sitting made things easier. As soon as I opened the lid there was the handle I was looking for.

My grandfather having no formal education was an industrious person finding different ways to fend for himself and my grandmother. After his passing I did a few jobs for her and she saw the same abilities in me that he had. She had purchased a high quality Rigid 2” Pipe Cutter that she planned on giving him for the birthday he never reached. She sold that Pipe Cutter to me for $25.00 and it sat for many years looking pretty in my Tool Cabinet which is now in our son’s garage. While researching other Tools last year I came across the same Pipe Cutter still being produced today selling for more then Ten Times what I paid for it. I still have my Family Heirloom. Those were definitely Kids that broke into the Truck not knowing the value of Tools.

We went to Walmart to pick up a few Food Stocks and for Kathy to do some walking. I limited my walking to around the Produce Section while Kathy looked a bit further.

It was already 1:00 when we again stopped at Wendy’s to get Chicken Wraps for lunch. 

Kathy then went in Fabricland for some material she needed.

Back at the Apartment the Contractors were working in the underground garage so we could barely hear them upstairs. My hip reminded me of the walking I did and made me regret it along with an unending supply of Congestion that continues to drain.

Going On-Line I called a few Drug Stores in an attempt to get an appointment for a Booster with no luck. They all said they only make the appointments when they get the Vaccines in and to call next week to see if they had gotten any. I then called the Windsor Essex County Health Unit and left a Message for them to call and why. They called back an Hour later and we have an appointment for next week.

I’ve mentioned before that we try different Processed Quick Meals that if they meet certain criteria we would consider having in our Freezer for a quick meal. Today we tried a Lasagna with Meat. We’ll be trying other brands in the future.

The 6 o’clock Local News continues to report more on the upcoming Provincial Election.

The Weather Network showed we reached a high of 84 F (29 C) this afternoon.

The Congestion is still causing us more problems tonight so I’ll try something different to get rid of it.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know your getting old when you finally get your head together but your body starts falling apart.

4 comments:

  1. Your lucky to have nice weather. Are high for today is 57 degrees with a low on of 29 degrees . Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to have a family heirloom and to be able to pass it on to your children. I wish our local Wendy's was somewhere we could eat a meal without worrying if we are going to get sick. The floors, chairs, and tables are always sticky, it makes you question how clean their kitchen is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never, ever understand the mind of a thief. I know your frustration. Happens everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the story about the Pipe Cutter. Glad it wasn't stolen! :)

    ReplyDelete