It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2022

Rough Night, Spam Folder, Our Break-In and Paul Has Regrets.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It was a good thing it was Mothers Day and we could sleep in because Kathy had a terrible night. The Cough Medicine that I brought home for her to use was doing its job and breaking the Phlegm loose but it also kept her coughing most of the night. Another thing that happen was that some of the worst coughing also kept me awake but at least I knew she was breathing.

Spring has finally sprung.

I was awake by 7:00 so besides getting things partly ready for breakfast I managed to get a head start on my morning reading. Kathy finally joined me at 9:00 but still felt like she had not slept. Being Mothers Day we splurged and had Strawberry Strudel with Peach Juice for breakfast.

There were plenty of Job Ads that were repeats of those posted during the week but nothing new for today.

Kathy was getting Mothers Day Greetings from the kids throughout the morning.

After checking my Email I was checking to see if there was anything in the Spam Folder. I was shocked to find one from my cousin Jackie relating that my Aunt Anna had fallen and broken her Leg. The message was Two Weeks old. I normally check that File every week but have been too laxed lately. That normally only happens when messages are sent from a Business and Google thinks it’s doing you a favour.

For lunch today was again Chicken Noodle Soup with Grapes and Yogurt Cups for dessert. Good for our stomachs and Kathy’s Congestion.

Kathy needed to lay down for a Snap so I did the Dishes then started a Beef Roast in the Crock Pot for our supper.

Footprints to the right.
Slash line on the left.
Wind Deflector and Camera shadows.

When she got up we had another errand that we had to run. We had to rearrange things that had gotten moved around in the Truck. Someone had Broken-In to it on Saturday Morning. Footprints on the Tonneau Cover showed a small sized shoe. They sliced open the Cover then broke the Electric Sliding Window to crawl inside and open the door. (That’s a small Window.)

Utility Cart Handle on left looking out.

The culprit then moved the Utility Cart, went through the Toolboxes and left only taking my Hobart Creator Automatic Welding Shield. That Welding Shield has Blue Flames on it but the Battery is dead so if they use it they could get a Welding Flash. (That will be painful.)

Looking into the Truck.
Blue Utility Cart.

We went to our Storage Unit at Guardian Storage to empty the backseat of the Truck by storing the rest of my Tools in a more secure environment. When I need to they will be retrieved.

I tried calling my Aunt Anna with no success. I then spoke to my cousin Jackie and found out she had sent that Email from her place of employment so that is why it went to Spam. What I have to do is create a Contact for her from that location so her messages will not be sent to the Spam Folder again. She’ll be with her Mom tomorrow so I’ll call then.

Next I called my Sister Anna but only got her Answering Machine. She was probably busy visiting with all her grandchildren so I’ll call her tomorrow as well.

Kathy wasn’t very hungry so when I asked what to make with the Roast she said Pizza and we’ll have the Roast tomorrow.

The 6 o’clock Local News was only delayed by Fifteen Minutes this evening due to the PGA Tournament. They reported mainly on the upcoming Provincial Election.

I had the chance to talk with Ivan this evening. He said Paul hired another welder about Two Weeks ago but doesn’t like the guy. If he tells him to do a job that has nothing to do with welding he says he’s not doing it and he only takes orders from Paul. Kharen tried to give him a job and was told to @#$%^&IO. Paul wants me back but I’ll not return.

The Weather Network showed we reached a high of 63 F (17 C) with more early Spring Temperatures heading our way.

We hope all the Mothers out there had a Happy Day. We’re hoping we have a better night.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What do you call a sheep with no legs?


A cloud.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about the break-in of your truck, that's not a good way to start the day off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mullein is good for lungs/congestion. You can find it in your local health food store. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/mullein-tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. So irritating that people steal stuff. They won't use it, they'll sell it. Happy Mother's Day .. hope Kathy feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of Kathy's cold and congestion. Bill and i are over it mostly but the phlegm in my throat returns must mornings. Gargling with salt water helps clear it out rather than taking so much cough medicine. Vicks on the bottom of her feet with socks at bedtime helps prevent overnight coughing too.
    Happy Mothers Day, Kat.
    Sorry to hear about the truck break in. That's terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Kathy is doing better this morning. That's not good about the truck now you have to take it in. Good luck. We're having propane tanks stolen around town. tweakers
    Stay warm

    ReplyDelete
  6. The truck break in really sucks! Anybody else have a theft? Ever? I have to wonder if the workers knew you had nice tools in there.
    Hope Kathy is better soon!

    ReplyDelete