It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2022

Testing Positive, Planned and Thinking Alike.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

One thing the Weather Guessers got right in their forecast was the Bone Chilling Wind we had overnight. That was something we never even thought twice about when we were Boondocking in the Arizona desert or even years earlier when we were glamping in the resorts of Florida. I’ll be looking forward to enjoying those days again.

At the Plant after doing my Morning Walk Around I Planned I would simply finish off the Electric Panel Guarding. There’s that word again that always seems to have Murphy pushing things in a different direction. I’d just finished repairing a couple of Carriers when Paul had me looking at the Control Mechanism for a Forklift Seat Adjuster. Just my luck I managed to get it freed up.

That’s when Paul told me that Avry who had travelled to Montreal during the Christmas Break had tested Positive for the Coronavirus. The media had been warning everyone not to go to Quebec because of the Skyrocketing Case Numbers but who listens. He came to work Monday and Tuesday wearing a Mask most of the time. Unfortunately now we have to self-monitor how we are feeling and hopefully we didn’t contract it.

Then Paul wanted a slight adjustment on the Wooden Block that we used to stop the Cold Wind from blowing under the Door. It seems there are Smokers that use that Door out of convenience to their jobs but don’t know how to simply push it back in place once they are inside.

As I was finishing that Kharen stopped me to clean a couple of Fans. The one on a column was making noises and needed cleaning. The noise was due to the angle it was sitting at. The rear Cage was actually being pushed against the Fan Blade. The Cage also looked like it had not been cleaned in years so debris was being blown onto freshly painted Parts when it broke free. I did that so fast he had me take a Four Foot Portable Fan back to the Compound to clean. It was so bad it took nearly an Hour to clean. The Line Workers would later give me the Thumbs-Up when using them without contaminating the Parts.

There were more Carriers before I finally started working on the Panel Guarding.

When I spoke to Kathy at lunch Mary from Healthy Heals had to postpone her appointment so Kathy started putting our Christmas Decorations away.

I got the Guarding Posts capped and the first pair joined before the end of the shift.

After talking with Kathy earlier I was wishing I had told her about making Pepper Steak for supper. Imagine my surprise when after getting off the Elevator I followed a delicious aroma back to our Apartment that I recognized. After talking to me earlier Kathy had the same idea along with saving a couple of Sweet Potatoes from going to waste. Supper was delicious and we topped it off with a bottle of Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine). Great Minds do think alike.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 558 New Coronavirus Cases today for the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed the High Winds we’ve been experiencing are starting to ease up a bit.

We’ll try again tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

The receptionist checks the rat traps at your place of business.

2 comments:

  1. Those bitter winds are not nice at all. Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which version did he test positive for I wonder... Hopefully you'll be just fine, I'll send good vibes xxx

    ReplyDelete