It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, January 21, 2022

Cutting Materials and Looking Forward To A Two Day Weekend.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After adding what I hope will be a final skin of Sealer over the leaks at the Washer Exit and the Upper Drip Pan I headed back to the Maintenance Compound. There were already Carriers waiting for a quick fix some needing welding while others only needed to get the kinks out so the parts would hang properly going through the system.
Having only seen Paul at a distance I knew what was high on his priority list so I gathered the few Layout Tools needed then taking the Oxy-Acetylene Torch headed back into the Warehouse. When I came to the Material set out to be used on the Van Body Rebuild the measuring and marking began. Marking only one kind of Material at a time helped to eliminate any confusion though there were a few measurements I wanted to double check. Dressing for the 10 F (-12 C) temperature I didn’t take any longer then I needed and only worried about measurements for the cross members.

Barely getting my Coat off the Forklift Drivers brought over a Parts Basket that had fallen from the stack and bent an upper support. They had to remove all the Parts and the Liner before bringing it out to where I was working in the Warehouse. Even after heating it extensively trying to pry it was useless so after reheating it again the brute force of the Sledge Hammer finally did the trick.

Going back outside while I was measuring the Latch/Sill Plate I was shocked to see why the Van Body had sagged so much. It appears that someone tried to straighten things up by using a Saw and cutting the Fiberglass Uprights from the Rear Cross Member and never refastened it with any kind of bracing. Like I said yesterday it amazes me this thing did not fall off the truck.

Talking with Kathy at lunch I was still undecided of whether I would be working Saturday. Kharen was a no show in the Plant and Paul had only been seen at the start of the shift. My stomach was still upset since Kharen went on his last Tirade and Ivan said he would work if I did but would rather stay home. That was all I needed to hear.

The secretary was handing out the Pay-Cheques and I didn’t ask to talk to Paul. Gathering more of my Belongings I was out of there minutes after my shift ended. One never knows how much Stuff they have until you are moving or cleaning it out. Unfortunately when it comes to Tools most of them make the job easier.

After stopping at Motor City Community Credit Union to do our banking I headed to Guardian Storage to collect our Mail. My next stop was the Pioneer gas station to top off the Truck with Diesel. Due to the rising prices I paid $1.496 per Litre ($6.00 a Gallon).

For supper Kathy sauteed a few Breaded Chicken Breast to go with a Chopped Salad.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 209 New Coronavirus Cases with the loss of Migrant Farm Worker to the Coronavirus in Windsor/Essex Region today.

The Weather Network showed that we’d had a high temperature of 23 F (-5 C) today and it will be slightly warmer tomorrow.

I’m looking forward to this Two Day Weekend. If I don’t have a job on Monday at this moment I say it would be a blessing.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

You know your getting old when you step off a curb and look down one more time to make sure the street is still there.

4 comments:

  1. Whoot Whoot!!!! $6 a gallon ???? Ontario has beaten SoCal prices for diesel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $6 is a lot. It's a big hunk of an horly wage for sure. I don't know how you can keep doing this labour intensive job under this management. Enjoy yor weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your two day weekend, you certainly deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had such a fine supper after such a day....though at least it was without getting hollered at.

    ReplyDelete