It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Dealing With Kharen.

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Again it felt good going to work while the temperature was at the Freezing Mark rather then Below and there was no Windchill. Travelling down the Drive was very picturesque seeing the Detroit Skyline reflected perfectly on the river.

After my usual Morning Walk Around I returned to the Maintenance Compound and working on Carriers. It wasn’t long when Kharen shows up telling me that I’m working on the wrong Carriers. I was ready because all week I start with the Carrier he focused on then move to another and another until I’ve inspected all the Carriers before starting over. He almost turned in spot before pointing to the one group saying they are coming out of the Ovens bent. I make certain they are straight and Heat distorts metal.

I mentioned that the Line Workers could easily put the damaged Carriers aside and I would gather them every Fifteen Minutes. He said I should be standing at the Line inspecting them myself. Kharen didn’t like it when I reminded him that he chewed me out for doing that before.

He quickly changed the subject saying he couldn’t find any 3/4” Metal Pipe Fittings last evening. I walk right to them. Then he said they should be in the Compressor Room before storming out of the Compound. (That !@#$% has a Control Issue and can’t except that people can think for themselves.) Taking it as an order I spent the remainder of the day moving Fittings and organizing them in the Compressor Room and watching that there were no Carriers in need of repairs.

I was still feeling worn out at lunch but not as bad as yesterday. Kathy told me to slow down and not overdo it. She agreed with the Control Issue.

Another thing about Kharen is he expects everyone to pick up after him and if you leave a Tool on a job that you are still working on he’ll berate you for it. On my Morning Walk Around I spotted the same Ratchet Wrench and Socket that has been sitting on a job he is doing on the Mezzanine since Monday. When I walked into the Compound at 3:00 there were Two Pipe Wrenches on the Workbench that had been previously hanging on the rack. (He’s a Slob.)

It wasn’t long after I got home that Kathy started cooking supper. She sauteed Potato Slices and Salmon Fillets then topped it off with Carbonated Juice.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 409 New Coronavirus Cases for the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showing that we’ll be seeing temperatures below the Freezing Mark for the foreseeable future. But the bright side is that there is only Ten Weeks left of Winter.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does juice.

5 comments:

  1. You are a better man than me, I do not know if I could have been that civil with that @&%!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in HR more than 35 years, I would have terminated any supervisor who was so disrespectful to the employees. Here in the States employees would be looking for a union organizer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time for you to speak to Paul and if that doesn't work head for the door

    ReplyDelete
  4. ITS ABOUT TIME you told them to take this job and shove it,Life is too short.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another episode of Tuesdays with Kharem. Didn't you once notice those were his worst days? I seem to remember that. You have a lot of patience. Hard won, I suspect. Too bad you're so busy, otherwise, you could see what he's up to with other employees. I am sure you are not the only one......

    ReplyDelete