It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, January 17, 2022

An Off Day For Paul and Money Found.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As soon as my Morning Inspection was finished this morning I went about greasing the Drive Lugs on all Three Drive Units. That will reduce wear and tear not only on the Lugs but on the Conveyor Chain itself.

Paul seemed like he was being falsely influenced this morning as he kept wanting me to do this and that even though I kept telling him it could not be done while the Water from the Nozzles was hitting the area. He also wanted the Tags off the V-Belts that we used on Saturday saying that was the only way he could order the new ones. Later he would change his tactic saying that it was to make certain the proper Belts had been used. Older V-Belts actually had their Size stamped into the rubberized material. Newer V-Belts have the Size inked like a Tattoo into the material so as long as you know what size the Old Belt was the new one should be an exact fit.

When I finally made him realize the proper Belts had been used he had me do an Inventory of all the Belts we have in stock. That added to the stress of the day. Where the Belts had been hung someone had rummaged through them mixing the large with the small and long with the short. When Paul returned he was surprised at the size of some Belts figuring they were left behind by the former occupants of the building.

It felt comforting to hear Kathy’s voice when I spoke with her at lunch. We figure that it could have been a particular Supervisor that was filling Paul with lies about my capabilities. I’ve always been straight forward about my abilities and when I’m not sure about something that they want me to do I ask.

I had to stop at the Motor City Community Credit Union on the way home. This company is way behind the times and still prints out Pay-Cheques that the employee has to cash themselves. On Friday as I normally do I deposited my Cheque but when I went to do some On-Line Banking yesterday it wasn’t there. Lucky for me Vicki found it had been put into our Vacation Account that for some unknown reason we could not see. Not wanting any Rubber Transactions to happen the money was moved to the proper account and we can now see our Vacation Account when we go On-Line.

After a quick stop at Dollarama and Shoppers Drug Mart I was home shortly after 4:30. We had a Store Bought Thin Crust Medium Canadian Pizza for supper. It was tasty and satisfying.

The Weather Network showed that we’ll see another couple of 30 F (-1 C) temperature days before it again cools down for the weekend.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

Moses guided his people through the desert for 40 years. Even then men were unwilling to ask for directions.

3 comments:

  1. Grrrrr. You have more patience than I. Makes me very very irritated to read about Paul.
    I guess you can't trust any of those who are in positions of alleged authority. That is not good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur with JudithK...you have far more patience than I.

    It was 31 degrees this morning when I went outside to feed the cats, and I was freezing even though I had a hoodie, a vest, and a jacket on. I would definitively not be able to live in Canada or any country where it gets so cold in the winter. Bundle up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that you have to put up with the management. I hope you're able to quit working soon and go back into retirement and travel once more before it's too late. I like the idea of a vacation account.

    ReplyDelete