It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Busy Start To Tirade Tuesday.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

The morning started out different but as planned. Before the first Parts went through the Washer Section 9 had been left off while I was inside sealing more holes in the skin. One of these days a major refit will have to take place. I knew that this would only be a first application so once the final stage had been turned on it gave me a chance to see where more sealing would have to take place.

Next I headed to the Number 2 Drive Unit where I attached an extra set of V-Belts. Paul likes to do that to all the Belt Driven Units so if it goes down there is a spare set immediately there to go in. There will also be another spare set in the Maintenance Compound just in case. Those are the last defence before calling the supplier for replacements that could take time coming in.

Finally I headed up to the Powder Coat Heating Units. Surprisingly there were no V-Belts attached outside these Units and the size was not marked on the outside of the Safety Guard. I was able to shut the Power to the Unit before opening the Guard. Plain as day there were the numbers B63 telling the size. As soon as I wrote that on the Guard it was replaced and the Power turned back on.

All that took place before I had the chance to do my Morning Inspection. Finally back at the Compound I repaired a few Carriers before stripping down a couple of Electric Motors that Paul had deemed Scrap.

When everything is running smoothly I will often pick up a small job in the shop that can be fixed in a few minutes. Today that was a mistake. Kharen walked in just as I was about to assemble a Valve and went on one of his Tuesday Tirades. He told me that the Carriers were coming out of the Ovens bent. He would not believe me when I said heat does that. Again he screamed at me that I should never stop working on the Carriers. The workers on the Line just shook their heads and gestured he was crazy.

When I spoke to Kathy at my lunch I was ready to tell them where to put this job but I wanted to talk to Paul first. When I would later talk to him I’ll complete the jobs I’ve designed then tell him as well as Kharen where to go. In the meantime I’ll keep an eye open for another job though they normally slow down at this time of year.

I went straight home after the shift. That really leaves one feeling down. To lift my spirits Kathy pulled out a Store Bought Thin Crust Vegetarian Pizza for supper.

The 6 o’clock Local News again reported New Coronavirus Cases though they didn’t give a Number but they did say we lost 9 People to the Coronavirus today in Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed that we had a high temperature of 32 F (-1 C) today. We are presently below the Freezing Mark but the temperature will be moderate in the morning before heading down to the Freezing Mark where it will stay until the Spring Thaw.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You take a fishing pole to Sea World.

7 comments:

  1. I don't know about you but I'll feel so good when you tell them to "take this job and shove it!" Life is too short to put up with that management. You deserve better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure from what you've indicated in the past that Paul is impressed with your work and knows how important you are to his business. I think that when you talk to him you will be in a position to negotiate. Perhaps, if you are still willing to work for him you could negotiate a direct reporting to him instead of anyone else. You may also want to ask for a raise, especially if you still have to report to K. If it were me and I'd still have to report to K I'd demand a huge raise, 20% or more and if I didn't get it I'd say to Paul that I'd be leaving. As I read your posts I think you are an asset to Paul's business. You train people and make them more valuable and make their jobs better. You make things easier and safer for people in other departments. You are doing more than you were hired to do. Good luck to you whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick, you've had it there in front of you all the time
    "It’s about time." The Heading of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I would have been gone 8 months ago. Paul needs to can that guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. You and Paul seem to get along. Make a condition of you staying is that you report to Paul only.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe I misinterpreted a previous post from a couple of weeks ago when I understood you informed Paul of the various issues/conflicts with "kahren" and the potential impacts of your continued employment unless Paul intervened to control kahrens behavior. I commented it would be interesting to see how how or if Paul would respond & act on your request to reconcile the situation.
    "Cletus" nailed it as your leadership, enthusiasm, character and consistent tier one performance has contributed greatly to he success of the operations team- Paul has only one functional choice here and that is to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone above has pretty much covered it.
    You are an asset, Paul probably knows it somewhere in his mind. But assets don't come free, especially when everyone in the shop is signalling that you are directly under someone who is unreasonable (AKA crazy). I keep trying to think of some Byzantine reason why your immediate supervisor is still there. My first theory was that his family owned the company and just farmed him out....ha. I'm still curious who owns the company. Are you sure Paul does? The state of Texas has a list of company ownership, as they have to pay taxes. Surely Canada has something like that.

    ReplyDelete