It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

A Day Of Accomplishments.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After crunching across the remaining White Stuff at the Plant this morning it felt good to get inside the heated building. My first chore of the day was to go around greasing the Pumps, Blowers and Motors. With the Filters I did yesterday that will bring me up to date for another month.

Back at the Maintenance Compound there was Debris, Tools and Fittings on the Workbench that were not there when I left at the end of Yesterday’s Shift. It seemed appropriate that Paul looked in around that time. I simply pointed and said that “Now I clean up after others as well”. He simply shook his head in disbelief but he knew who had made the mess.

There were a number of small things that I did until I was sent to Shipping and Receiving to look at the Number 2 Loading Dock. I had checked it out over a month ago when I rebuilt the Number 3 but it needs a complete rebuild because even the Structural Channels are so full of Cracks it has become impossible to fix it at the Dock itself. It will have to be pulled out and flipped over to do the job properly.

When I spoke to Kathy at lunch she had just gotten home. She had to drive out to Pharma Choice in Amherstburg to pick up or Prescriptions along with a quick stop at Princess Auto in Windsor for Electrical Plugs that I’ll use in the Apartment.

During the Christmas Shutdown Paul had brought in an Electrical Contractor to replace some badly damaged Electrical Boxes and Disconnects. Today he asked me to build some Guarding so they won’t get damaged when the Forklifts are moving stock too close to them. Checking what is available in the Warehouse I found Material that once modified then anchored to the floor will definitely protect the Boxes and Disconnects from future damage.

After arriving at the Apartment Kathy and I spoke briefly before I headed to the shower. When I finished that I set a Medium Store Bought Thin Crust Canadian Pizza in the oven for our meal. Not wanting to waste any time I retrieved our Pill/Vitamin Bag that is used when we travel to store all our Prescription Medication and Vitamins. We also use it to store the same when in the Apartment so things don’t get lost.

As soon as we were done eating Kathy started the Dishes while I set up the table so I could fill our Pill Doucettes for the next Forty-Five Days. By doing so it takes less time and is not always on a Saturday giving us the freedom to do other things. Doing One Week’s Doucette for both of us would have taken just over an Hour. Filling Doucettes for Six and a Half Weeks for both of us took less then Three Hours.

Hope you are all enjoying your evening.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

Words of Inspiration

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.

Winston Churchill, British Prime Minister.

1 comment:

  1. My current thought is that you may need to give Paul input on the operations more often so he can have the info needed to make better decisions. He may not realize there are things he is not aware of to consider.

    ReplyDelete