It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Finding Things For Paul, Carriers and Kathy’s Relief.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though I had layered my clothes before leaving for work today the Bone Chilling Wind was quite noticeable. When I got in the Truck the dash thermometer read -14 C (7 F) not counting the Windchill. Another way to know how cold it was outside was there were no Smokers having their last minute drags as on normal days before the start of the shift. When I changed it was still cold enough in the building that I would keep my Hoodie on under Coveralls and would not take it off until 11:00.

Getting back into the groove I completed my Morning Walk Around. When I passed the Exhaust Fan that had caused us concern yesterday it was quiet as could be.

Minutes after returning to the Maintenance Compound Paul came in to Cancel the Job he had assigned me yesterday afternoon because it would have violated a Fire Code. He then asked I work on the Carriers that Kharen said he was desperate for. (When you have Hundreds of the same Carrier and you only use maybe Fifty at a time how desperate are you.)

After inspecting as many of the particular Carrier as I could before they were loaded on the Paint-Line I started examining all the Carriers going from one Rack to another. If there was a bent Clip I straightened it most times on the spot. If there was a missing Clip or Hook I took it back to the Compound to replace them.

I had already repaired about Thirty Carriers when Paul came looking for Power Tool Cords saying there were tons of them around. When I am sent to look for Motors, Pumps and other Miscellaneous items I notice where things are at. I headed to the Mezzanine where it took only Five Minutes for me to return with a Dozen Power Tool Cords. Paul just shook his head and left.

I returned to working on the Carriers when Kharen said he needed me to drill a hole so he could install an Automatic Chemical Feed Tube into the Number 7 Tank. After sharpening the proper sized Bit it was only a Ten Minute distraction from the Carriers.

When I spoke to Kathy at lunch she was feeling good because Mary the Foot Nurse had been this morning. Even though there was temporary discomfort the end result was Relief.

I finished the day by locating the Electrical Box Guard where it will be fastened to the floor and more Carriers. Most of the Workers in the Plant are Foreign Immigrants and some are Refugees. I’ve been trying to show them that if they bring the Carriers that need repair to the Compound they’ll get fixed. This afternoon that was actually happening. It will make my job so much easier.

It felt good to be home at a regular time which gave Kathy and I time to catch up on our day. Not wanting to have the same meal as last night we opted to have a Store Bought Medium Thin Crust Chicken and Spinach Pizza for supper. We also enjoyed the Fresh Cut Pineapple for dessert and a glass of Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine) for a drink.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 140 New Coronavirus Cases for the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed that we’d had a second day of Below Seasonal Temperatures but we can expect some relief for a couple of days before the Cold returns again.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

How many psychologists does it take to change a light bulb?


Just one but it takes nine visits.

3 comments:

  1. There is never a dull day at your workplace or so it seems. I wonder what system or part is failing next at that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm weather should be enroute, 4C here yesterday so I went out and blew it your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's even cold here in Alabama. Expecting snow again this weekend. Everything stops here with a light coating. That's ok, it's been years since I've had to shovel like back in NJ. I can live without ever doing it again.

    ReplyDelete