It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Sixty-Two Down and An Adventure In Shopping.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After working yesterday then doing the Laundry last evening when I finally got to bed seconds after midnight there was never a second thought to just turn over for more sleep at 5:30 this morning. That’s the time I typically get up every work day. The next time I opened my eyes it was nearly 8:30 but you couldn’t tell from the Sunlight that was missing from the room.

Kathy took a little while longer to notice my absence in the bed. I’d barely turned on my Computer when she joined me. We talked about the Weather, what we wanted to do today as well as a different breakfast. While Kathy made the bed, a normal morning chore, I made us each a Toast and fried up a couple of Eggs Over Easy to put on top. Along with our Hot Coffee/Tea served in a Ceramic Mug everything tasted wonderful.

We both enjoyed soaking our feet in the Epson Salts Foot Bath. It not only helps to heal your feet but it also eases what might be stressing you. As a fluke while I was relaxing feeling my feet begin to tingle the Sun broke through the Clouds. It was at that point that our outside temperatures started to drop.

Before getting dressed I stepped on the scale and had to do so repeatedly to be certain I was seeing properly. It showed that since I have started this job back in May I have lost 62 Pounds. I definitely need to wear a belt on my pants.

After accomplishing some On-Line changes it was time for Split Pea with Ham Soup for lunch along with a Yogurt Cup and a slice of Fruit Cake for dessert. We didn’t wait long after that to start running our errands.

Our first stop was Canadian Tire where I was planning on buying more tools that were advertised as “On Sale”. When I went to pay for my purchases things grew a little tense. Most people that are not professionals know that working with with Sockets there are three sizes to work with according to the size of the drive 1/4”, 3/8” &1/2”. I have a Rain Check for the 1/2” set at Sale Price and was paying for the 1/4” and 3/8” when they were going to charge me full price for the 3/8”. Checking the fine print in the Flyer that size was not “On Sale”. Guess what I didn’t buy.

We headed to Walmart but the booth we went for was closed today so we simply left.

At Dollarama besides the few Food Stocks I also stocked up on a few pair of Gloves and packages of Masks that I’ll us at work. We even shared a Chocolate Bar as a snack which is something we’ve been avoiding.

As we were leaving Kathy remembered that O’Keeffe’s Working Hands Cream was still “On Sale” at less then Half Price from when she bought it for me. At the time my hands were next to Bleeding and felt like Sandpaper. One application totally changed them. It’s Odourless and Non-Greasy. For anyone that has to wash their hands often throughout a day it is well worth looking into. We headed to Princess Auto where they had the Working Hands Cream along with Healthy Foot Cream and Working Hands Soap all by the same company. We brought home a few of each.

By the time we reached Zehr’s grocery store you could feel the cold bite to the Wind. Even thought there were only a few things on our List they still added up in cost.

We then went to Wendy’s Drive-Thru where we had Chicken Wraps for our supper before heading home.

Notice the Wind Speeds.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported more Coronavirus Cases continuing to climb for the Windsor/Essex Region but again didn’t give any numbers. That seems to be a norm on the weekends.

After having Above Freezing Temperatures overnight and early this morning The Weather Network showed that we’ll be heading back into the Deep Freeze for a while.

A reminder that I still read everyone’s Blog but just haven’t got time to leave Comments on all of them. We are jealous but enjoy reading about the many new adventures.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

I asked a Frenchman if he played video games.



He said, “Wii.”

4 comments:

  1. With that kind of a weight loss you must be at least a size smaller than before in your clothing. All that work paid off not only monetary but health wise too, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not surprised you are getting skinny. You have been working hard. Good to hear you have some good treatment for hard working hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats 62 lbs!! I'M jealous of that!

    ReplyDelete