It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, January 7, 2022

More To Do, Too Short and Mixed Order.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though we’ve been having some sunny days when the Sun disappears for the day so does the warmth which makes all the melted Ice refreeze and walking into the Plant a bit of a challenge.

Even before I did my Morning Walk Around Flora from Shipping and Receiving let me know that the Number 3 Loading Dock wasn’t working properly. Other then a few pieces of Trash to pick up everything else checked out.

Since it was still dark outside I was in no rush to check out the Loading Dock. Back at the Maintenance Compound I continued assembling the Electrical Box Guard. When the Sun started brightening things up I layered up under my Coveralls and went to see if there was anything visibly wrong with the Dock. The Workers inside didn’t want me opening the Overhead Door and cooling the Plant down so I was limited as to what I could do. Also the fact that I had nobody to help me along was another reason for not worrying too much about it today.

I didn’t even make it back to the Compound when Kharen called me over. It didn’t matter that I was overdressed for being inside he wanted to show me a job he wanted done tomorrow. He needs to have the Radiator Fan cleaned out on the Back-Up Compressor in the Compressor Room.

Back at the Compound I had just finished welding together the Electrical Box Guard by myself when Kharen came in wondering what I was building. When told what it was he said it needed to be higher to protect the Boxes. I had made it Fifty-Two Inches High which was a Common Height in most places I’ve worked. Paul had already approved it but he wasn’t around to talk about to.

I repaired a couple of Carriers before lunch. When I told Kathy about Kharen and the job she reminded me he just wants to control everything. Returning to the Compound I started cutting materials to make the Guard higher.

If you remember all the Hours that I worked last week. Then imagine getting a Pay Cheque for only a Holiday Pay. Needless to say another Cheque was created to make up the difference very quickly.

With the Coronavirus Restrictions back in place in the Province of Ontario there are limits as to how many people can be inside a business at a time. After depositing my Cheques at the Motor City Community Credit Union I headed over to Guardian Storage. As I collected our Mail Melissa handed me an Amazon Package that had come in. From there I went to our Climate Controlled Storage Unit. Kathy needed her Ironing Board back at the Apartment. I decided against purchasing another Toolbox and started repacking the ones I had in the Storage Unit. The end result was an empty Toolbox that I’ll bring to work. I’ll then separate what Tools will be in each Box which will also make them easier to lift.

We shared One Meal. This was half.

Calling ahead I stopped at the Michigan Diner and picked up an order of Fish and Chips to share for supper. I had been told Twenty Minutes but when I arrived after only Five Minutes it was ready. At the Apartment it appeared they gave me someone else’s order but it still tasted just as good.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 359 New Coronavirus Cases today along with 4 more Coronavirus Deaths bring the number to 501 Deaths for the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed a roller coaster ride with the temperatures for the next week.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

What do you call a chicken looking at a bowl of lettuce?


Chicken sees-a-salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment