It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Making Do and Tasty Cleaning.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

By not having to perform any Maintenance Duties on the Paint-Line this morning it wasn’t long before I was back at the Maintenance Compound. There was a Carrier awaiting attention that had been dropped off yesterday just as I was leaving for the day. Five Minutes later after returning it to the Line I was on another mission.

Yesterday Paul had asked me to find a way to protect Newly Replaced Electrical Boxes in the Plant. They are mounted on a Building Column in an area where a lot of Stock is put until it is processed. Unfortunately some of that Stock is transported on Large Metal Racks and if the Forklift Driver is off by as little as Inches the Electrical Boxes can be damaged.

I had scouted the Warehouse and found materials that had been part of another Line and was basically just sitting on a Skid rusting away. After releasing the Bans I was able to pull out Pipes that had been used as Legs. Even though I seldom ask for assistance as soon as the Drivers saw me moving the material by myself they immediately came to help me out.

Other then another Carrier being brought in for repair I would spend the rest of the shift cutting and grinding what will become the Guarding that will protect those Electrical Boxes. With a bit more fitting the welding will start tomorrow. I’ve often made things from Used or Scrap Materials which is the good thing about Metal.

At the Apartment after getting cleaned up I also cleaned up another Celery Root then slicing it. From there Kathy boiled the Celery Root before breading and sauteing them. While she did that I cleaned a Fresh Pineapple that we would later sample as dessert. They both tasted wonderful as usual and the Celery Root was served piping hot.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 353 New Coronavirus Cases for the Windsor/Essex Region along with 2 Coronavirus Deaths.

The Weather Network showed we’ve been experiencing High Winds which is bring our temperatures quite low.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

How many tickles does it take to make an octopus laugh?


Ten tickles.

1 comment: