It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Getting Things Sorted, Making Progress On A Project and Happy Hour Visitors.


Our Location today is at the La Posa South, LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Even though it is not really bright in our bedroom before 7:30 in the morning lately there is just enough light that seeps past our Window Shade that it wakes me up. I had all the Window Shades raised, our breakfast ready to serve and most of my morning reading on the Computer completed before Kathy joined me at 8:05. She is even starting to wake up earlier and was shocked when she saw how early it was.
With my inside chores and reading complete I was outside trying to get caught up fairly early. When Donating Blood they always say not to over use the arm for the rest of the day but I have heard of people opening the needle site as much as a Day later.
This has been the Windiest, Wettest and Coldest winter that we have experienced since first coming here in 2016. So a lot of Projects that I wanted to get accomplished were put on hold. But with the sudden warming trend and our Time here soon coming to a close things have to happen.
I managed to find Leftover Hardware from the few things that have been completed in the Basement and get them sorted and put away in our Organizers. Then I found the Electronics that I need to get mounted but that could happen even on a wet day so I put them in the Truck so they will be easily found.

Instead I removed the Second Mudflap on the Truck. It seems that wherever you purchase them they are always different then what you already have so the only way to balance it out is to change them both at the same time.
I had just finished that when Kathy called me in for lunch. She kept it simple knowing that I wanted to get things done before it got too hot. She used more of the Pork Roast to make Sandwiches and added a Fruit Cup for dessert.
Using the Tailgate as a Workbench I completed the task off removing the Clearance Lights off the Mudflaps. The Clearance Lights themselves are mounted on a Stainless Steal Trim that had gotten more then Dirty and moisture was getting into the Lights themselves. That meant removing the Lamps off the Trim and using an SOS Pad to get it all cleaned up again.
Kathy had finished her inside chores so she came outside to cool down in the Shade and do some reading. I took a short break since I was working in the direct Sunlight. I managed to cut the New Mudflaps to the proper size before getting started drilling the Mounting Holes.
It was past 3:00 when I sat to talk with Kathy who had been chasing the Shade. I teasingly said that it was Happy Hour to her and before we knew it Wayne brought his Chair over to join us. We were talking for only a few minutes when Ken came over to join us as well. They gave us a better idea of when they will be heading out next week which means that we’ll be the last of our group to leave.
It was after 5:00 when Kathy said she had to start making supper so the Guys headed home as well. I managed to get a few more minutes in working on the Mudflaps.
Kathy made Perogies with Sour Cream and Bacon Bits for supper topped off with Short Cake Fruit Cups for dessert.
Back outside I managed to finish drilling the Mudflaps, get some Sunset Pictures and put Everything away in the Basement for the night. It was dark by the time I got finished.
We’ve got other things to do tomorrow before I finish rewiring the Mudflaps and start on another Project. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You think American Express is a train.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so happy the weather has finally gotten back to normal. It's nice to get things done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to have visitors for Happy Hour! Nice that you've got warmer temps there. You are getting things done and ready for the trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were continuously working while down there this winter and you didn't get everything done? LOL The scenic pictures are very nice you took and are so typical of what this area is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was nice with the sun and the warmth the last couple of days. Nice sunset pictures and the full moon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that the weather is finally cooperating. You have been like the Energizer Bunny this winter. You need to go home for a rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always so busy at least now the weather is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many projects but at least Kathy feeds you tasty meals.

    ReplyDelete