It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Exercising Our Batteries, More Firepit Nails, Final Campfire For The Season and Plans In Jell-O.


Our Location today is at the La Posa South, LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

It felt wonderful getting to bed before Midnight last night. It felt so good that I was wide awake before 6:00 this morning but tried to sleep later. Then my Back reminded me it was time to start my day. I had everything ready for breakfast before opening the Window Shades. Unfortunately looking out my side Window Wayne and Sue’s Trailer was no longer there. We are hoping they had nothing other than the Delay to have their new tires installed yesterday.
The Sun was doing a wonderful job of charging our Batteries and by 8:30 they were already at 85 %. I had most of my morning reading finished on the Computer by the time Kathy came downstairs before 8:00. When she took her Tea to the Computers I simply started my inside chores. I wanted to get started on my outside chores as early as possible so after gulping down my then cooler Coffee I headed outside.
The first thing I wanted to do was to add Air to all our Tires. There would be no way to power our Compressor off our Inverter so I simply put it next to our Honda Generator. After getting the Air Hose stretched out and plugging the Compressor into the Generator I needed to get the Key from inside the Trailer.
Cactus Blooms and Thorns.
When I walked in Kathy had emptied One Side of the Freezer and was trying to remove the Frost that had built in the rear. After shutting down the Cooling Unit I pulled out our Collapsible Cooler and packed the Frozen Foods inside. Our Freezer height is high enough that Kathy had to stand on her toes to reach it so I started chipping away at it while she went to get her Hair Dryer like I suggested.
Using the Main Inverter with the Hair Dryer on only the Medium Heat Setting I watched over my shoulder at the Battery Capacity Meter not letting the Battery Level drop below 60%. As it got close I would shut it down and chip away more of the edges for the few minutes it took to recharge. Working together removing Ice and bailing Water we had that side completely dried out in Fifteen Minutes. After repacking the Food in that side of the Freezer we repeated the process on the other side. Having learned a few tricks the second side only took about Ten Minutes to complete. Now we have more space for food.
By lunch the Batteries were again Fully Charged so Kathy used the Microwave to cook some Chicken Fried Rice, Egg Rolls and Honey Chicken Tenders for our meal. This was supposed to be our Larger Meal of the day and it tasted like you get in the Chinese Restaurants. It only took Ten Minutes for the Batteries to be fully charged.
Checking the Fluid Levels.
Outside I fired up the Honda Generator then a Minute later the Air Compressor. All the Trailer Tires needed Air added because they have not been rotated for the last Three Months. The only thing on the Truck that needed Air was our Airbags because they have not been loaded in the Tree Months that the Trailer has been here in La Posa South. When that was done I shut the Generator, drained and stored the Air Compressor back in the Basement.
Kathy cleaning the Firepit near Wayne and Sue's site.
When I built the Tower for our Wind Generator there was a lot of High Winds and Rain to put up with at the time. It wasn’t until it was all assembled and running that I noticed the Head needed an adjustment. Using the Cut-Off Wheel on the Angle Grinder that was plugged in to the Main Inverter I was able to make the necessary cuts all while the Sun was charging our Batteries.
Nails from Skids in the Firepit.
Kathy came outside to read in the shade where it was much cooler then inside. Before sitting down she noticed that there was actually a Firepit over where Wayne and Sue had been parked. Since we had never seen them using it in the Three Years we’ve known them she went over to check it out and found it was full of Nails from someone burning Skids there as well. Equipped with Gloves, Rake, and Magnet she collected nearly Ten Pounds of Nails and Staples from that Firepit.
No more Nails
I again turned on the Honda Generator but this time to power my Welding Machine. The welding only took Ten Minutes, cleaning Five Minutes and another Ten Minutes to mix and paint the Head Section. Everything is now Square the way it should have been in the first place.
Kathy had gone in to make supper and was ready by the time I walked in. She made Chicken Noodle Soup, Roast Beef Sandwiches and Angel Food Cupcakes for dessert.
After we did the Dishes up and cleaned up the Kitchen we went outside around 6:30 for our Last Campfire here this season. The Juniper Firewood we buy here to burn is incredible as far as being easy to light without the use of Starting Fluid. Unfortunately we are not allowed to bring it across International Borders or we probably would. Back on Ontario you are not allowed to move Firewood from One county to another because the Bugs in the Wood could wipe out entire forests.
It was only slightly cool outside. We could not see any other Campfires going anywhere around us. The Stars are absolutely Beautiful It was nearly 9:00 by the time we went in for the night. That was when we felt slightly chilled so a Hot Cup of Hot Chocolate helped resolve that issue.
We had planned on being on the road by Saturday but since plans are written in Jell-O we might not be going anywhere until Sunday. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Experience does not err. Only your Judgements err by expecting from her what is not in her power.

Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Artist

7 comments:

  1. That's funny...Tom and I were going to leave here Friday morning and have now decided to leave Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. safe travels when you do move. Nice Jello plans, enjoy your longer stay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its hard to leave a place when you are all set up for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where are people getting all these pallets they are burning? They seem to be a little large for packing to a campground! I would love to stay an extra couple of days, but my taxes are calling. It's hard to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll never understand anyone not cleaning up a fire pit after they are done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for answering my question about your firewood.

    Kudos to Kathy for cleaning the fire pit which I believe would be her second one.

    The campground is beginning to look sparse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wondering when you'd be headed home.

    ReplyDelete