It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Expected Comments, Changing Some Wiring, Another Inquiring Visit and Grilling Pizza.


Our Location today is at the La Posa South, LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Having slept with the Windows open for the last couple of nights I woke up with a start this morning when I saw Sunlight seeping around the Window Shade in our bedroom. Thinking that I had slept in I rushed downstairs and started opening the rest of the Window Shades down there. With all that light streaming in my eyes finally focused on the Clock which showed the time was not yet 7:00 in the morning. Being on a roll I continued with my routine before turning on my Computer.
All that Fresh Air made it possible for Kathy to get some extra sleep time. We had a slightly different breakfast this morning which allowed us to get back to the Computers a lot quicker. I had a couple of E-mails to reply to this morning before reading the Comments left on yesterday’s Blog. The Title had the same affect on me when Kathy suggested we go see that Movie. Hopefully you will all get the chance to see that particular movie while it’s at the Theaters. You will love it as much as we did.

The other day Ken (former Electrician) suggested a way to get an actual reading off of our Wind Generator so I headed outside to do as he suggested. By pulling off the wire from the Blocking Diode to the Battery I was able to go inside and see what Voltage the Generator itself was actually producing because it was only connected to the Meter. The result was between 6.75 Volts to 8.5 Volts but at the time I did that test the Wind was only blowing 5 to 9 MPH. I didn’t think to do the test later this afternoon when the Wind had increased to 16 to 24 MPH.
Another thing Ken suggested was setting the Positive and Negative meter connections at opposite ends of the Battery Bank. The Third suggestion was that One Meter’s Positive was on the same Battery as the Other Meter’s Negative. So now there are Two Batteries with a Positive and Negative Wire on each of its terminals from Two different Meters. By doing this we are getting a Reading of the entire Battery Bank and not just One Battery.
For lunch Kathy made us some Chicken and Rice Soup along with a Thin Bagel with melted Cheese as well as Yogurt Cups for dessert.
After Lunch Kathy had a number of inside chores she wanted to do. I had planned on working on the Mudflaps but the Wind was actually taking my breathe away. So Plan “B” I verified that One Propane Tank will need changing tomorrow. I also verified that it was time to add more Fresh Water to our Tank so after setting up the Fresh Water Barrel in the back of the Truck I headed off to fill it.
I didn’t get too far as Ken waved me over wanting to know if I had the chance to try his suggestions. After giving him the results he seemed okay with those numbers but looked confuse after I told him that the Meter was still only showing Voltage. He has Four of those Meters on his Solar Panels great so he was going to do more research when I continued to the Fresh Water Area.
Back Home after setting up my Transfer Pump and starting to add Water to our Tank I went inside to shut the Trailer’s Water Pump. To fill our Tank I have to rotate some Valves and it makes the Pump work when it shouldn’t. I informed Kathy what was going on before I turned to head back outside. Before I could do that another White F-350 pulled up near our Firepit.
This was Keith from the southwest edge of Michigan. His site is almost opposite our location on the south of the main road in the La Posa South LTVA. He has been interested in adding a Wind Generator to his RV for some time and had looked at One on a Neighbour’s RV that had a Horizontal Axis Wind Generator. He said that he could hear it cutting through the wind over Two Hundred Feet away. He was amazed that he could not hear any sound coming from our Vertical Axis Generator at all.
I explained why I made the Tower rather then using a single Mast and that we feel no Vibration from the Generator inside our Trailer. I showed him the Charge Controller and how I simply used an Extension Cord as a way of delivering the power to the Batteries. He asked Where I got it and How Much. As he was leaving he said I’d probably be seeing another Wind Generator like ours next winter on his RV.
Because the Wind had started blowing harder and Kathy wanted me to grill a Store Bought Pizza I had to move the Weber Q and the Propane Tank over to the north side of the Trailer just to block the Wind. Once the Pizza was on the Grill it only took Twenty-Five Minutes and it was done just the way we like it.
It was hard to get decent Sunset Pictures because of the thick Clouds and according to The Weather Network we might be hard pressed to see the Sun at all for the next few days. What we will be seeing are Lower Temperatures and More Wind. As long as our Batteries are charged we’ll both be Happy Campers. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

There is a time and place for everything.




4 comments:

  1. I just discovered wind generators are WAY too complicated for me!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wind was definitely with us yesterday.The clouds though beautiful did block the sun on and off including the sunset. The last of the light through the clouds at the very end turned a very pretty soft orange. We were sitting outside on the phone talking with our daughter and caught it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree with you I think the clouds in your sunset pics made it even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures and a productive day for you two. That grilled pizza looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete