It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, August 23, 2024

Described Differently.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

When you see a Surgeon they look at what you are going through, then sell you a service called Relief. They describe a step by step process of which they try to stick to, but sometimes there are problems.

There was no issues getting there and getting signed in. I even spoke with the Surgeon before the procedure where he signed my leg with his initials as a way to guarantee doing the did the proper Hip. I was surprised to quickly count Twelve Medical Professionals in the room. For Me!

The next thing I remembered was being wheeled into my room, where I was to spend a single night, due to me Sleep Apnea. Here is where we had some fun. Another Richard was also recovering from a Hip Replacement. He had been wearing socks on a Hardwood Floor, that resulted in him going airborne and shattering his Left Hip.

In less than Three Hours I was feeling better than before. I kept watching the clock waiting for the Physio Therapist to get me walking before noon as promised. As the afternoon progressed, the incision was beginning remind me what had taken place. When having General Anaesthesia, one of the side effects is water retention. By midnight Three of us were having treatment. I also had to convince my nurse that after using a CPAP Machine for 17 Years, I knew how to use it and did not need a Technician to set it up. I also had to convince her that 3 PSI Oxygen through a 1/8” Diameter Tube did not give the same breathable air as 1” Diameter Hose set at 15 PSI. Just down the hall you could hear the patients in the Physic Department having arguments with themselves.

I’d sent Kathy home early on Wednesday, because she’d had less sleep than I did. She arrived with our daughter Karen before lunch on Thursday. Minutes later the Physio Therapists arrived. It felt so good to finally get out of bed, but the Incision felt more noticeable. They showed me how to get out of bed and had. me walking to the Hall. That helped clear a few other problems but the Incision Pain was increasing.

With all the Government Cutbacks the Nurses in the Hospitals are overworked. It was 7:45 when I decided to go to bed by myself. The problem was that I was never shown how to go to bed. Sounds easy, but after the muscles have been cut, Not. It was 8:05 when I came to, with my Hip on fire and sweating like crazy. It was past 8:30 when I was able to get a Nurse to lift my Leg as I finally lay down. It was not a good night. The Nurse finally gave me some Tylenol for Pain Relief at 6:00 in the morning.

The Physio Therapist showed up at at 8:00 to see the other Richard, but waved them over. They both had a questioning look on their faces when I mentioned not being shown how to go to bed the day before. They finally showed me but explained until the Muscles heal, I need someone else to help with that as well as when getting in a vehicle.

Greg our son-in-law arrived at 11:00 but my release was not finalized until 12:30. Meeting me at the front door, it was Greg that helped lift my leg into his vehicle, then he stopped at Arby’s to pick up lunch for Kathy and I. He made certain that I safely got in our Apartment and helped set up my CPAP Machine next to my Electric Recliner. I can sit and sleep here for the next Two Weeks giving my leg time to heal.

I was so tired, I fell asleep, only to wake again when Kathy got back from Health First Pharmacy. The Hospital had FAXed in an extensive list bigger than the list Vitamins I normally take.

Around 5:00 I started with severe Chills to the point my recliner was moving. I had not taken anything for Pain in over Eleven Hours. After taking a single tablet, the chills stopped within Twenty Minutes.

The room is still spinning so it will be an early evening.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

What do you call fake Sudoku?



Pseudo-ku!

11 comments:

  1. Good to hear that your surgery went well and you are home. Take care and hope you have a speedy recovery, don't over do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear you are home and on the road to recovery. Take it easy, and soon you will be back doing all the things you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear everything went well. Don't push yourself to get back to normal, as we grow old it takes more time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you are home. But you are given pain pills for a reason. If you are constantly in pain, you can't do what you need to do to recover. But like what's been said, do not overdo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to be a long couple of weeks. Take the pills and rest up. Glad everything went as planned. You'll be up in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear all went well! The doctors have always told Ken to take the pills as needed. If you are fighting the pain, it can't heal like it needs too. In a few days or a week you won't need them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad y'all are doing ok. Now the surgery is done you can start feeling better.
    Did you get the extended warranty?
    And extra zerk fittings put in so it doesn't wear out again?,LOL
    You and Kathy take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first week is the toughest. Won't be long and you will be able to shuffle along relatively free of discomfort.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are home again....first few days will likely be hard...wishing you the best!!

    ReplyDelete