It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, August 8, 2024

Pre-Op Run Around

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It’s happened many times before, so it was no surprise. I had to set the Alarm before going to bed early last night but we actually slept. It was the getting up at 6:00 that hit hard. I gently woke Kathy because she assured me I was not going to the Hospital alone. We had Juice with our Meds before heading out the door.

I wasn’t in the mood to make breakfast so we stopped at a Tim Horton’s along the way. They have a special right now that if you buy any sized Coffee, you can get a Breakfast Sandwich for only $3.00. It was worth every bit of it.

The Construction Zone on some of the streets surrounding the Hospital have expanded in the last week adding more back street navigating. Kathy felt lost but I grew up nearby so knew my way around. We actually snagged the last Handicap Parking Spot at 7:10 in the morning.

After going through Admitting, navigating those streets had been a dream. The inside of the Hospital has been totally restructured. We had to walk to the far side of the building to access the hallway that nearly brought us back to where we started. I then had to sit at a Computer too fill in how I was feeling and how much Pain I was feeling. After that walk, what do think, I was already clenching my teeth.

Finally reaching the Pre-Op Intake Department, things started happening quickly. Every time one of the Nurses would go through their assigned duties, they would send me off on another long walk, before I returned to that area again. One of the Nurses turned out to be my Surgeon’s Wife, having just returned from Maternity Leave. She guaranteed us that her Husband is good a Surgeon.

At 10:00 we had already covered Seven different tasks and we Thought we might be gone sooner than we had been told. Do you know what Thought got? There were only Two Anesthesiologists on duty today and the one working the Pre-Op had to keep going to the Maternity Delivery Room. Congratulations to the Six sets of parents and their new family members. Every time a child is born throughout the Hospital the Lullaby Song is played, bringing joy to a sometime dismal setting.

There were a dozen people waiting to see him and most of us were starting to get Freezer Burnt from the AC. He called me at 12:30 and was just finishing with me, when he got another call. Lots of people were giving us the Evil Eye as we moved on to the final stage and they still had to wait.

I was sent to get an X-ray of my Hip. More walking in a different area. When I mention having had X-rays of my Hip Six Times in the last year the technician, like others went searching their Files. Early Last Year all the Regional Hospital Records were Hacked. Lots of personal information was made public, but X-rays that were digitally saved had been destroyed. I was again twisted like a pretzel for the sake of a picture.

We finally walked out the door at 1:45. We stopped at a new Popeye’s outlet for Chicken Sandwiches and Coleslaw at 2:00. After not eating for over Seven Hours, it was delicious.

We stopped at the nearby Dollarama, to finish stocking up on the Juice the other outlet did not have yesterday, before heading to Shoppers Drug Mart. With this being Thursday, seniors save Twenty Percent on their purchases, plus I had a $10.00 Coupon, that saved us over Thirty Dollars total.

To say our Two Wheel Shopping Cart was overloaded would be an understatement. By the time everything was put away, we were watching the 6 o’clock Local News. We didn’t snack supper until it was done.

And the fun continues tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've slept in your car to be first at a yard sale.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like some of oyur pre-op is exercise walking the halls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of walking around but we have to believe they know what they're doing. haha

    ReplyDelete