It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, August 16, 2024

I Used To Do It.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Trying not to waste food by using up what you have in stock, will backfire on you once in a while. So after I loaded our Folding Two Wheel Shopping Cart with all the Parts Organizers, we headed out to deal with a number of things. Once the Organizers were loaded in the Car we were on our way.

First we went to Wendy’s where for $4.20 we each enjoyed a Bacon/Egg and Cheese on English Muffins, along with Two Coffees for breakfast. Taking advantage of the specials.

Our next stop was at my Storage/Workshop Unit at Guardian Storage. For the third time today I handled all Eight Organizers and thought nothing of it, because I’ve moved heavier things most of my life.

Since we checked the Trailer the other day we headed for the main entrance to leave. It was only 10:00 and the Canada Post delivery vehicle was pulling up to make an early delivery. Though we had not planned on checking for our Mail we did. Luckily our Canadian Snowbirds magazine arrived, because Kathy forgot to bring a book to read.

By the time I hobbled into Advanced Rehabilitation Center, my Hip/Leg was throbbing with Pain. I could barely get on the treatment table. The Therapist had to put a Pillow under my knee and double the Heat Compression to ease the Pain. All because I used to do it all the time.

Back in the Car I took an Extra Strength Tylenol to take more of the pain away.

We stopped at the Wellness Center to pick up another piece of equipment that I’ll need for my home rehabilitation. Luckily all these healthcare items are covered through my Health Benefits as part of my Retirement Package.

We drove across the parking lot to Dollarama, where we had to restock our Juice and Brisk Tea before my surgery. We’ve been going through a lot of that with this warmer weather.

It was already noon and I did not feel like cooking when we got home, so we stopped at Arby’s where we shared a Reuben Sandwich. It was just enough to satisfy our hunger.

We again needed our Folding Two Wheel Shopping Cart to bring our supplies up to the Apartment. With forecasted precipitation it was no surprise when we looked out the Balcony Door as the Rain was pouring down. Luckily we were dry.

It didn’t take long to put things away, but there was more work to do. I assembled the Assist Bars while Kathy watched, then she pulled the Instructions out of the box, wondering why I didn’t use them. She is becoming familiar with these gadgets that will help me through my recovery.

The 6 o’clock Local News was just finishing when we decided to share a Medium Store-Bought Thin-Crust Hawaiian Pizza for a late supper.

We watched a Murder Mystery for entertainment this evening.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You're flipping "the bird" in your wedding photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment