It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, August 26, 2024

Try, Try Again.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Well I knew that it couldn’t last. I was awake more than half the night getting up for a host of reasons to make it more comfortable in the Apartment. First it was too Cold, then hours later it was getting too Hot and I never touched the Thermostat. Kathy was Sleep-Walking and did not remember when I waved the Flashlight at her. I was up for the day before 7:00. It was only minutes later that I was texting both our son Kevin and son-in-law Greg, Happy Birthday since they share the same date.

Kathy made French Toast for breakfast, before we settled back in our recliners. While Kathy started checking thing on her Computer, I started making calls. The first was to the Pharmacy that verified, the Hospital had only sent me home with Four Types of Pain Medication, but nothing for Stool Softeners or Diuretics.

I tried the Fracture Clinic at the Hospital where I confirmed appointments that had been made on my behalf. One is back to Leamington, which I will not travel that far the way I am feeling. They had me call the Surgeon’s Office for the Medication, that referred me back to the Hospital. I finally called the Floor Desk where I spent Two Days last week. Mike the Nurse went about inquiring and finally returned with the answer, “Once the patient is discharged from the Hospital, they are to contact their Family Doctor for any medications”. They should have told me that on Friday.

When I called our Doctor’s Office, I explained the situation and was told it had been a busy day, but they would have George call me. Somehow that never happened even after I called later. My Feet are still tight as Balloons, and I need relief. I’ll call again tomorrow.

We had Salmon Sandwiches with Blue Berry Yogurt over Blueberries for dessert.

Being tied up so long on the phone, I had not walked enough, so I walked the Hallway to the Elevators and back. I was just coming around the last corner, when Kathy popped her head around to see if I was okay. Instead of a Forty Foot walk in the Apartment, I accomplished nearly Three Hundred.

Not being overly hungry, the 6 o’clock Local News was over, before we shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Medium Hawaiian Pizza for supper.

We’ll see what tomorrow brings. Our Healthcare has gone to the dogs. I don’t like having Shiny Feet.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You're not sure if the pet living underneath your trailer is a dog or a cat.

8 comments:

  1. I don't generally comment. With regards to your feet, you need to get them elevated, put a couple of pillows under them. This could possibly give you a little relief before you can get your medications. I too had the same problem after surgery and this is what the nursing staff advised me to do. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need compression socks (they go up to your knees). Kathy will have to put them on you. Or get a family member with lots of hand strength. They come in a couple different weights - better buy both. Also, stool softener is sold OTC - brand name Colace - does Not necessarily work quickly. Better just drink pure prune juice or use milk of magnesia. Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With broken femor I was told to ice hip where rod joined up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - diuretics is also sold OTC - brand name Diurex. Your swollen feet/legs is called edema - & can become rather serious & long lasting problem. Best to deal with it quickly. Good Luck - get well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rick - I seldom comment but read your blog regularly. The post from "Cactus Flower" above is spot-on. When my husband had hip replacement surgery a few years ago, the surgeon (who is also a dear friend) told him to wear compression stockings, initially on both feet but continue with the replacement leg. You can get them at most pharmacies...you will need 18-24 mh strength. They are a bear to get on....I had to do my husbands for him for a couple of weeks. That will help reduce the swelling....I am surprised that they didn't send you home with a pair! Also Colace will help. As will plain ole Mineral Oil: gastro surgeon said 1 - 3 tbs. once a day...recommended later in afternoon and stay close to toilet --lol. It causes few if any side effects.
    Of course, walking slowly is excellent....did they not send you home with PT plans??? I;m in US, so not familiar with what Canadian hospitals/docs do. The walking will help move the blood in your legs which will help reduce the edema in the feet. Wonder if an epsom salt foot bath will help....bet it will. Glad to see that you are back home....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the benefits of socialized medicine.

    ReplyDelete