It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, August 24, 2024

The Difference A Day Makes and A Scare.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Judy Garland in the movie The Wizard of Oz said it the best, “There’s no place like Home”. I may have been on Pain Medication at a lower dosage than prescribed, but actually slept without my Nighttime Mickey. There was no constant commotion going on and there was enough humidity in the air that I didn’t need to keep taking my CPAP Mask off to drink water.

Kathy kept patting down my side of the bed. When she remembered that I was in my Recliner she would come out to check on me. I “Love her for that.

The only problem I had through the night was, I had forgotten to take my Sandals (AKA Slippers) off before bedding down. I woke a few times sensing someone watching over me before she went back to bed.

We had Cereal with Blueberries for breakfast. My recliner has temporarily become my Bed, Office and Table. Looking forward to the day that we can sleep in bed holding Hands and eat at the same table, so we can look into one another’s Eyes.

Yesterday, I was just active enough to get home and I was tired. Thankfully our daughter Karen and son-in-law Greg helped Kathy and I through this. There were many other offers made, but they live much closer, Thank You all for your concern. They like most of yesterday’s Comments keep reminding me to, “take it easy”, “relax”, “don’t push yourself” and “take the Pain Medication when needed”.

I searched through my travel bag this morning and could not find my Phone Charger. I had packed my belongings before Greg had arrived and missed the White Charger on the White Sheets. Kathy was about to go buy another one, while I was about to call the Hospital to see if they had a Lost and Found, when the Hospital called me to say they had found it and it would be at the Desk. White Phone Chargers are a common patient item missed in packing.

Kathy served Toasted Cheese Sandwiches for lunch, with Yogurt Cups for dessert before she headed off to the Hospital to recover the White Phone Charger.

For sometime I’ve been wanting to call our friends and former RV Travel Buddies Gerry and Sandy but with Medical Appointments (Travel), not feeling good (Travel) and Gerry’s own Hip Replacement (Travel) it was never the right time. After reading Yesterday’s Blog, Gerry called me. Even though his surgery solved one problem, it seems to have created another, that will be addressed when he goes for his One Year follow up. We were still talking when Kathy got home. We’ll talk again really soon.

Though I had forewarned Kathy that there would be Weekend Traffic on the roads making the Active Construction Zones even more of a problem, throw in a couple of Accidents into the mix, she repeated Judy’s famous words when she walked in.

We shared a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Medium Spinach Pizza for supper, but I could not eat it all, so there’s future snack in the Fridge. The last I experienced this feeling in 2013 was before my first Hernia Surgery.

For some reason I have to keep reminding myself how to use the Walker. Instead of advancing the Walker, than the Surgically Repaired Leg, I keep putting my best leg forward, then bring the Repaired Leg like a Ball and Chain. It wasn’t that hard to learn to walk over Seventy Years ago, and it was even more challenging this evening.

One of the side effects of Sleep Apnea is Choking on your own Saliva. When the person is Choking they don’t hear you asking, “Are you all-right”? However when they start turning Blue it’s time to take action. My Computer bounced off the floor before I could swing my Walker over it. (Luckily it still works) Just as I was about to attempt the Heimlich Maneuver, her airway cleared.

We later watched a Murder Mystery for entertainment. Kathy is in bed as I finish writing the Blog.

Thanks again for all the Comments of concern and advice. I think I’ll be taking lots of that.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

Words of Inspiration

How great are the dangers I face to win a good name in Athens.”

Alexander the Great, King of Ancient Greece

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear that your operation was successful and you are already on the mend. Wishing you a quick recovery and looking forward to hearing from you that you have been jogging around the building!

    ReplyDelete