It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Slippery When Wet.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After hearing the forecast of Freezing Rain for this morning, last night I allowed extra travelling time to get to work. It turned out that at 6:00 in the morning Lite Rain was the biggest issue. Once at work I didn’t take any chances and raised my Wiper Blades on the Truck, just as I had on the Car before leaving.

I had thought that I’d finish the Feedscrew I had started yesterday then move on to the repairs. Mile thought the opposite, so I would spend the day doing Repairs and Touch-Ups. Some were on Units that were about to go for Chroming while others were being made ready to go to the Customers. Mile runs a tight ship and does not allow for the slightest imperfection.

On another front we recently brought in Pat a former Tool Welder that had his own business but when Coronavirus hit, the Government Restrictions put him under. There were other Consultants brought in, to try to figure out why the Bearing Surfaces were Cracking and containing so many Pinholes.

I had made suggestions that looked promising but like everything else would not solve the entire problem. Part of the problem is that after allowing the parts to Slow Cool, the Grinding does not take place for Weeks to Months after, and when you’re trying different things it doesn’t help you know what is working.

Last week the Five Inch Bearing developed Cracks while I was still welding it. This morning the Ten Inch Bearing that Pat said would never Crack again, proved him wrong. I will admit that the Cracks looked more like Scratches, but would have failed under use. We’ll be trying something new in the next couple of days.

When I spoke to Kathy at lunchtime, she had been outside to the Recycle Bins and the Wind had nearly blown her over. That convinced her, not to go anywhere today.

When I left at the end of my shift, the Afternoon Crew on the CNC Mill were teasing me that I was leaving early. I was happy that I’d raised the Wipers, but it still took time to scrape the Windows.

Letting Kathy know I was on my way, she asked that I run an errand. She needed a Storage Container to help organize a few things. She found them On-Line at Canadian Tire so that’s where I headed.

There were hardly any vehicles in the parking lot, but there was plenty of Water. Checking the Sales Paper as soon as I walked in there was nothing of the sort. I walked back to the Organizing Section and there they were, just as Kathy said they would be. The Cashier said she’d only had Half the customers she normally did, thinking the Storm was keeping people in.

After parking the Truck it felt like I was skating uphill, heading to the rear entrance of our building. A service vehicle had parked opposite the door making me have walk across the Slippery Rocks.

Kathy was happy to see me home safely and jumping for joy that I had gotten the Container that she wanted. She had been busy cooking a Chicken with Potatoes, Carrots and Onions for supper. The best part is there are plenty of Leftovers for more meals.

The 6 o’clock Local News showed the Ice Storm will continue until early Tomorrow Morning, but we’ll be back to Winter Temperatures on Friday.

As often happens with these kinds of storms our electricity Flickered a few times, probably due to Ice on the wires.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've got more than one brother named 'Darryl.'

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it so far today. This storm will be a quickie, right? OK. Take care.

    ReplyDelete